Dumaguete Info Search

Philippines to allow 100% foreign ownership of internet business

Discussion in 'News and Weather' started by DavyL200, Oct 3, 2018.

1. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    The Philippines will allow up to 100 percent foreign ownership in internet businesses as soon as President Rodrigo Duterte signs the proposed 11th Foreign Investment Negative List, the country’s chief economist said Tuesday.

During the Senate finance committee’s hearing on the proposed 2019 budget of the state planning agency National Economic and Development Authority (Neda), Socioeconomic Planning Secretary Ernesto Pernia said that based on feedback from the Palace Tuesday morning, the draft 11th FINL is “now up for signature” as it was already “under full review

Read more: https://business.inquirer.net/25827...ign-ownership-internet-business#ixzz5SpMnsuGZ

• Like Like x 2
  2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    And what happens when the government decides they no longer want to allow full ownership? Do businesses that have invested have to sell their majority share? I wouldn't trust their government to keep their word. Make a constitutional amendment declaring 100% foreign ownership legal for all sectors and I'll invest. Anything short of that will make it too easy to revert back to the old ways.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. TheDude

TheDude DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +1,465 / 822
    Previously you were already able to 100% own an internet business if a certain percentage of your income came from outside the country. So, the headline is misleading. They must be loosening restrictions (I didn't read the article.)