Dumaguete Info Search

Philippines' top 10 investment areas

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by echir, Apr 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. echir

echir DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    The Philippines' traditional regional centers may soon be outstripped by fast-emerging metro areas in other regions as investment sites.

A study made by CREBALAND president Dr. Nathaniel Von Einsiedel ~ former CREBA president, member of CREBA's Council of Leaders, and former United Nations regional director for urban planning ~ details the economic and demographic characteristics that indicate the tremendous potential of these emerging growth centers.

Painting a much more positive picture than the current national politico-economic conditions suggest, Dr. Einsiedel's study shows that the top 10 metro areas for investment are Laguna, General Santos, East Bulacan, Davao, Central Cavite, Malaybalay-Valencia (Bukidnon), Dumaguete, Rizal, Malolos and Cebu.

Full story here...
    Powerpoint Presentation here...

2. OP
    OP
    echir

echir DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Top 10 Areas according to GRDP Growth
    1 Region II Cagayan Valley
    2 Region XI Davao Region
    3 Region XII SOCCSKSARGEN
    4 Region VII Central VIsayas
    5 Region VI Western Visayas
    6 Region IX Zamboanga Peninsula
    7 Region V Bicol
    8 Region XIII Caraga
    9 Region X Northern Mindano
    10 Region I Ilocos Region

Top 10 Metropolitan Areas according to Income Growth
    1 Laguna West Metro (San Pedro, Binan, Sta Rosa City, Cabuyao, Calamba, Silang)
    2 Metro Dumaguete (Dumaguete City, Valencia, Tanjay, Bais City)
    3 Malaybalay-Valencia Growth Area (Malaybalay City, Valencia City)
    4 Metro Davao (Davao City,Panabo City, Tagum City, Island Garden City of Samal)
    5 Metro Cabanatuan (Cabanatuan City, San Leonardo, Gapan City, Sta Rosa, Peraranda)
    6 Metro General Santos (General Santos City, Alabel, Koronadal City)
    7 Metro East Bulacan (San Jose Del Monte, Sta. Maria)
    8 Metro Vigan (Vigan City, Sta Catalina, San Vicente, Bantay, San Ildefonso, Caoayan)
    9 Metro Angeles (Angeles City, San Fernando City, Mabalacat, Porac, Bacolor)
    10 Metro Malolos (Malolos City, Guiginto, Calumpit)

Top 10 Best Metro Areas for Investments
    1 Laguna West Metro (San Pedro, Binan, Sta Rosa City, Cabuyao, Calamba, Silang)
    2 Metro General Santos (General Santos City, Alabel, Koronadal City)
    3 Metro East Bulacan (San Jose del Monte City, Sta Maria)
    4 Metro Davao (Davao City, Panabo City, Tagum City, Island Garden City of Samal)
    5 Cavite Central (Bacoor, Imus, Dasmarinas, GMA, General Trias, Carmona, Kawit)
    6 Malaybalay-Valencia Growth Area (Malaybalay City, Valencia City)
    7 Metro Dumaguete (Dumaguete City, Valencia, Tanjay, Bais City)
    8 Metro Rizal (Antipolo City, Cainta, Taytay, Angono, Binangonan, Teresa, Cardona)
    9 Metro Malolos (Malolos City, Guiguinto, Calumpit)
    10 Metro Cebu (Cebu City, Mandaue City, Lapu-Lapu City, Minglanilla, Talisay City, Compostela)

Top 10 Metropolitan Areas according to Population Growth
    1 Metro East Bulacan (San Jose Del Monte, Sta. Maria)
    2 Metro Rizal (Antipolo, Cainta, Taytay, Angono, Binangonan, Teresa, Cardona)
    3 Cavite Central (Bacoor, Imus, Dasmarinas, GMA, General Trias, Carmona, Kawit)
    4 Laguna West Metro (San Pedro, Binan, Sta Rosa City, Cabuyao Calamba, Silang)
    5 Metro West Bulacan (Obando, Marilao, Bocaue, Meycauayan)
    6 Metro General Santos (General Santos City, Alabel, Koronadal City)
    7 Metro Malolos (Malolos City, Guiginto, Calumpit)
    8 Metro Lucena (Lucena City, Pachilan, Tayabas, Sariaya, Lucban)
    9 Central Bulacan (Baliuag, Plaridel, San Rafael)
    10 Metro Cebu (Cebu City, Mandaue City, Lapu-Lapu City, Minglanilla, Talisay City, Compostel)

Courtesy of Waway [625] of Skyscrapercity.com

3. Swany

Swany DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    echir; Thanks for posting the good news, the Philippines' Top Ten Investment Areas, etc. I'm so happy Dumaguete City is one of those areas. It's nice to know though. :smile:

4. pickled_newt

pickled_newt DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +17 / 12
    Thanks for the info echir ,interesting .:cool:

Just wonder why bohol and Ilo-ilo ,even bacolod aren't on the top 10 metro income growth list :confused:

5. BAZ

BAZ DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Well I better start looking for my dream property in Dumaguete before the prices skyrocket up out of my reach then if that is the case.

6. josephen

josephen DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    @BAZ:

I am only afraid that they will increase the price once they read your post, :D

Good Luck with your dream property.

7. pickled_newt

Ratings:
    +17 / 12
    That's actually true Baz ,prices of properties has already taken off in dumaguete and surrounding areas.If you seriously consider living closer in dumaguete ,this is the time now to look for some properties . Time in 2004 we look at Bacong beach properties ,and there were 3 down on offer lining bacong beach.The best one we like happened to be near DUCOME . My cousin who helped us search these properties few months before we arrived said the price per Square meter of this beach lots range from P400 -500/sq meter,which we were very keen on to look at .When we get there it so happened a French guy bought a beach lot few months earlier adjacent to the one on offer to us.We meet the daughter of the land owner and she increased her price to 750/sq meter . But that was P400 /sq meter few months before,almost doubled the price perhaps due to the French guy taking grounds nearby . The reality sits in there was also a relative of the family still living in the lower end of the beach lot which was grumbling /ranging war to the family which meant to sell the land ,there seem to be family dispute going on for the beach lot of 3,044 sq/meters land area ,a nice size.It's nice location , closer to dumaguete,however it was a low lying plot and nearer the Nitrate Plant and DUCOME coconuty oil processing plant .

Of the time we searched on ,we went for a diff lot in the end.But this is the trend now,once an OFW or foreigner buys land ,the neighborhood lots has 99 % chance of increasing the price for the next buyer,making the area pricey.You better find your place soon,before all good locations in Dumaguete and places nr Dumaguete are taken :wink: or priced up.

8. BAZ

BAZ DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    WILL GET THE WIFE TO DO ALL THE DEALING WITH BUYING A PROPERTY AS THE DOLLARS SIGNS IN THE EYES OF THE PERSON SELLING PROPERTY WILL ROLL IN THE HEAD IF THEY SEE ME A WHITE MAN INTERESTED.
    GOT TOLD THAT THEY WRITE THE PRICE WITH A FORK (4 points on fork)IF THEY KNOW ITS A WHITE MAN INTERESTED ha ha.

9. pickled_newt

Ratings:
    +17 / 12
    That's a good idea , prices might still be lowered down if dealt with a Filipino face . I know this is a really bad practice happening around when they inflate the price whenever there is a foreigner who bought property nearby or a rich chinese ,almost everyone think their land value also goes up with it .Another foreigner added ,and another and on and on,the prices of property goes sky high.Sad thing but true and most people here will admit that local filipinos can never afford to live in those favorable areas anymore as land prices are past beyond every average filipinos' pockets and means ,only in exception on inherited properties ,that comes free to any filipino heir or heiress .But this is an issue , I would not bow down only for the principle of not inflating the price in dumaguete ,to get off from our whims to live near the city only because I am affiliated with a white.What is in question here is the general attitude of some filipinos that needed overhauling in relation to pricing their lands that makes some sense.

10. yabs

yabs DI Forum Adept Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    thats very bad news indeed
    i MOVED TO DUMAGUETE HOPING TO EASCPE THE spread of concrete
    ,shopping malls and fast food joints etc and all the other westernised shite that pollutes the planet only to have it follow me. If somoen wants to invest
    lets have some environmental protection and wastewater treatment plants

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.