Dumaguete Info Search

Php 1M worth of X'mas tree?

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by Rarity54f, Dec 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rarity54f

Rarity54f DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    If you happen to pass by the Rizal Park, yes, right across Cathedral church, you will find a X'mas tree there in the middle of the park. When I heard that the city spent a million pesos to have this X'mas tree, I became curious. I wanted to see how a million-peso X'mas tree looks like. Alas, I was disappointed to see something which does not look like it's worth ten thousand. I am not so good in computing the cost of materials, but I think that a million-peso X'mas tree should look better than that. What do you think?:D

2. KAYLEIGH

KAYLEIGH DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If it's true, then where's all the monies?!
    It's a shame if thieves strike all the time!

3. clear copy

clear copy DI Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Ugliest 1 million peso Christmas Tree I've ever seen

4. progmeister

progmeister DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    They probably meant 1 million centavos.

5. barkada

barkada DI Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    The tree at sidlakan cost either i million or 2 million I forget which. Dont think the tree in the park cost much.

6. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    it certainly does not cost that much but 1 million was spend somehow ...

fits into the "achievements" like the never used Jeepney terminal which became right after the election the catering-factory for several businesses where the owner is well known ... or the parking area at El Camino which was done simultaneously...

7. RonEtue

RonEtue DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Could the owner be who I think it is...... Naaaaah..that is impossible.

What a shame!

Cheers,

Ron

PS. I wonder who pocketed the most X-mas tree money... 1 mill. is still a lot of money..... wonder how much of the money went to the really poor people.
    It is Christmas, isn't it...... Good bless the needy!

8. Manzanita

Manzanita DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    I think some people go out of their way to find stuff to complain about. :eek:

I like that tree. It looks like a million dollars! :p

9. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
    I want to see this "overpriced" tree!

[​IMG]

10. Manzanita

Manzanita DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    Chiquiting gets P1M for giant X’mas treePosted by Negros Chronicle Published in Daily

Taxpayers recall that when Chiquiting Sagarbarria was still a councilor he asked for P200,000 for fiesta t-shirts. Today as mayor he asked for P1Million for Christmas lights and decors and still got it.
    P1 million for the construction of a tall Christmas tree at the city plaza.
    Of course he does not personally benefit from it but his constituents. However, three city councilors namely Antonio “Tonyrems” Remollo, Kenneth Arbas and Manuel Arbon launched a spirited opposition to the allocation as too late, excessive and unnecessary.

In trying in vain to block the P1 million allocation, Remollo sounded populist claiming that the amount could feed hundreds of children in depressed communities if the intention is really to spread the Christmas spirit.T he three councilors also pointed out that the project was presented before the council only last December 2 and the city is supposed to build a 30-meter high Christmas tree with only a few days left before the climax of the yuletide season.
    In a letter dated November 30, 2010 but presented to the city Council during its December 2 regular sess ion, Mayor Sagarbarria req uested fo r the reversion o f some P1 million supposedly for the Improvement/ Rehabilitation of the city gym to fund the construc tion of a Christmas tree at the Quezon park.
    The program of work of the Christmas tree was submitted on December 3 and presented to the Council on December 10 states that it will take 32 working days for the project to be completed and would involve 15 laborers, 8 carpenters, 8 welders, 1 driver, 1 engineer, 1 foreman, 5 electricians and 5 helpers.
    Labor cost would amount to about P 220, 527.26. The work shall involve excavatio n, concreting, erecting the steel frame and mo unting the Christmas lights . The three councilors doubt whether the project can be completed at least on Decemb er 19 to allow residents feel the Chris tmas cheer, unless the administration has already started the project even b efo re the co unc il has approved the allocation.
    Nevertheless , Remo llo, Arbas and Arb on were again outvoted by the allies of Sagarbarria, who could now boast of their latest convert Councilor Nilo Says on.(By Dems Rey Demecillo)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.