Dumaguete Info Search

Pics of Philippine Coins and Currency

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Knowdafish, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
    For those that are still on their "learning curve"

Coins

1 centavo (or sentimo)(very hard to find, but supposedly they are available)
    [​IMG][​IMG]

5 centavos (or sentimo)(notice the hole in the middle)
    [​IMG][​IMG]

10 centavos (or sentimo)(another denomination you won't see very many of)
    [​IMG][​IMG]

25 centavos (or sentimo)
    [​IMG][​IMG]

1 peso (or piso)
    [​IMG][​IMG]

5 pesos (or pisos)
    [​IMG][​IMG]

10 pesos (or pisos)
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Quite a few places don't want to bother with centavo (sentimo) coins, but one will likely get their fair share of them back as change. Where to get rid of them? Some banks will take them, as will Lee Plaza.

For the longest time I didn't know or care about the different coins or what their denomination was. (Eyesight played a role in this). I used to just give them all to my wife and let her deal with them. I finally realized that sometimes they are useful to have to give for exact change for a trike ride, or so I can help out the request of a cashier after buying something. If you give a paper note and the proper coinage it will help you avoid getting coins back in change!

Currency pics are coming up next!

2. OP
    OP
    Knowdafish

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
    Not the latest version of currency, but these are the ones you will most likely see, at least until the newer notes are circulated more.

20 peso (or piso)
    [​IMG]

50 peso (or piso)
    [​IMG]

100 peso (or piso)
    [​IMG]

200 peso (or piso) (What other country has a 200 peso note??)
    [​IMG]

500 peso (or piso)
    [​IMG]

1000 peso (or piso)
    [​IMG]

3. OP
    OP
    Knowdafish

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
    The very latest versions of Philippine currency with enhanced security measures to reduce counterfeiting

[​IMG]

4. stevewatson

stevewatson Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Interesting why they do not make a larger note, say 5,000 PHP ?:confused: or, at least a 2,000.

5. denpet

denpet DI Senior Member Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Ratings:
    +351 / 96
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Because they have a hard time to give change even on a 1,000p bill...

6. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,539 / 1,016
    What's needed here is a 30p coin so when some of these guys pull into a gas station they can get in and out quickly without waiting for change.

7. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    They did produce a 2000 peso bill:

View attachment 9197

I believe this is not considered legal tender. Called the Erap note? Probably very difficult to get your hands on.

They also produced a 100,000 peso bill. Which is considered legal tender if I remember correctly. You can buy these online.....for quite a bit more than 100,000 pesos.....and likely not original

View attachment 9196

Attached Files:

8. stevewatson

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

That is certainly relevant to small businesses, I agree, but I see many business people in banks, depositing and withdrawing suitcases full of notes, when it would be much more sensible for them to have the facility of larger denominations. :cool:

9. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    It certainly would be beneficial for buying large ticket items such as cars, motorcycles and properties. Nothing worse than driving around town with a big bulging pocket of cash, like to be as discrete as possible when you have that much cash on you.

10. stevewatson

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Very true, because it can sometimes be very difficult to persuade people here to accept a Bank Cheque, or Cashiers Check as it is sometimes known as.:cool: