Dumaguete Info Search

Pillars of Hope?

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by dr ski, Apr 13, 2020.

1. dr ski

dr ski DI Member

Derelict
    Ratings:
    +784 / 125
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Last night during my observing session I noticed that there were bright spotlights coming from Dumaguete and Valencia. I wondered 'WTF?" since there is a quarantine/lock-down/curfew in effect to keep us safe. After a little internet research I found that these lights were to honor the Front-liners in the futile war against that nasty virus. Being the opportunist that I am, I decided to put my fish-eye lens to good use after I wiped it down with a 70% alcohol solution and said a prayer.
    Here you see the lights from Dumaguete in the East and Valencia in the West merging at my meridian (the imaginary line that runs north-south in the sky):
    Apr12FE2.jpg
    I also happened to catch the International Space Station traversing the sky:
    (facing SW)
    Apr12FE.jpg
    Finally, a shot of the lights from Valencia illuminating the night sky between the Big Dog (Canis Major) and the Hunter (Orion):
    Apr12pillar.jpg
    This was very nice to watch from my vantage point!
    I even put the telescopes away!

• Like Like x 11
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Sedona

Sedona DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +673 / 102
    Amazing pictures, I hope you don't mind that I borrowed that last one to post on my FB page (or course with full credit given to the source).

3. OP
    OP
    dr ski

dr ski DI Member

Derelict
    Ratings:
    +784 / 125
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Not a problem!

• Thanks Thanks x 1