Dumaguete Info Search

Pizza in dumaguete

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by romano, Dec 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. romano

romano DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well, I am a swiss/italian guy now in Dumaguete, and I am trying to find a decent pizza ( italian, NOT american style!).I could not find any of the 3 italian restaurant supposed to be in Dumaguete: ITALIA-BUONISSIMO-LA PICCOLO.I checked their location, and it seems (...) that ALL THREE are gone!!!So... no italian restaurants any more in Dumaguete????...Aside from italian restaurants, is it right that in a city with so many foreigners there are only two ( semi)foreign restaurants,Edelweiss and the swiss restaurant located next to Why Not?I am not a fan of filipino food and I like healthy food, so it seems Dumaguete has not too much to offer to me in this respect....

2. firefly

firefly DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 1
    Restaurants come and go in Dumaguete.
    Espesially for those depending on foreign visitors location is a case of life or dead.
    The boulevard is the place where most visitors will look for a restaurant and there is a substantial selection,not only Why Not.
    For pizza i think only Shakeys (boulevard) and Greenwich (Perdices street) have survived.
    Most hotels offer one or another form of Western food.
    Also Roberto's (formerly Rosante) on Perdices street has some Western choise.
    Between The boulevard (Chin Loong) and Lee Plaza you may also find some food choise.
    All fastfood chains (exept Mc Donalds) have a branch in Robinson's Mall

3. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    Casablanca

Romano, you may not be aware of Casablanca being you didn't mention it. Many including myself consider it the best restaurant in town. It is run by an Austrian and located on the blvd. No pizza on the menu but good pasta and other dishes.

4. hawaiidiver2

hawaiidiver2 DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    ...sounds like it's time to fire up your own stone/wood oven and make pizza at home

5. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Nevas Pizza Hibbard Avenue. brick-oven Pizza, not real italian but beats Shakeys and Greenwich crap by miles in taste AND value for money...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    PI!

romano, no one is going to make authentic pizza here, we just do not have the ingredients at a cost to justify what we will pay, Rhoody's suggestion is one I would agree with. I am interested to know though, Why Dgte or the PI, as a place to live if you are not a fan of the national dishes? A little like saying I don't like italian food and choose to live in Rome. Just a question that's all.

Jack P.:o

7. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,856 / 1,026
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Jack I don't like English food..but.:wink:

8. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Ha Ha Ha

:D Then Jim! it is time you moved here permantly:eek:

Jack P.:smile:

9. flobenz

flobenz DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    You might want to try Jutsz Cafe (formerly Boston Cafe). They have pizza, pasta, and a bunch of other stuff. I know people have different tastes but I have a lot of friends (both foreigners and locals) who love the place. :smile:

[​IMG]

10. muddyfeet

muddyfeet DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Map

Flobenz,

I know it is off subject but that is one of the best maps I've seen. Where can I get a copy?

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.