Dumaguete Info Search

Pizza..

Discussion in 'Dining - Nightlife - Entertainment' started by sntmig, Jul 12, 2015.

1. sntmig

sntmig DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +121 / 17
    Does any one have any info on the new Italian resto/pizzaria/bistro that is on the Boulevard near to Bethel.???.Its the old Shakeys place ,and mucho :greedy:$ has been put into renovations.They owner must be expecting a booming business !!!..Miguel

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    The Building was bought I believe by Eddie Lee. He hasn't lost much in the way of any business he starts so he must have something up his sleeve.

JP :cigar:

3. ChMacQueen

ChMacQueen DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,386 / 173
    That old shakey's location from what I was told by friends who worked at Shakey's there when it closed was that the owned wouldn't renew the lease and was selling it to put up a big condo highrise unit there. However they couldn't get the other properties they needed to sell and had issues trying to get the permits. Shakey's was more then happy to have stayed there said the old manager to me but instead gave them the boot. Funny that it sat unused and not collecting any money for a couple years since that Shakey's shut down. Guess they finally scrapped their plan and move on.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    sntmig

sntmig DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +121 / 17
    I stopped by yesterday, 10 am,at the new 'La Bella' pizza/bistro...They were not open and are now going through 'soft opening'.. Looks very nice inside and not small by any means.. "Blue Monkey Grill" (from the corner of Siliman and the Boulevard) is located upstairs, but was closed the that time ..
    Hope someone tries is soon and lest us know how it fares..... Miguel

• Like Like x 3
  5. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    A friend ate there the other day and said it was the best Italian style food he had eaten in the ph. Not tried it yet but will if it's that good. The pics he posted looked very nice.

• Like Like x 1
  7. hawk263

hawk263 DI Forum Adept Blood Donor Veteran Army

Retired
    Ratings:
    +488 / 81
    Blood Type:
    A+
    We ate there yesterday. The terrace is a pleasant place to sit, and the service was prompt and friendly. The pizza base was fine but I thought they needed more sauce and cheese. A bit more expensive than Pasta king.

• Informative Informative x 3
  8. anti_crazy

anti_crazy DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +262 / 48
    Ate there a few days ago. Overall, a good experience. Had the pizza. It was good. I hope they expand their menu. I'm guessing they will in time. Hope they add lasagna soon. Even better, the veggie pasta lasagna like the La Bella at the Mactan airport serves!!!

9. Gabrielle_K

Gabrielle_K DI Forum Adept Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +198 / 39
    It's owned Lluhiller (sp). I went there a week ago, the menu is a piece of laminated paper; no pics at all! I don't know one pizza from another without pics. All that money spent on renovation and a paper featureless menu...I msg them at FB to let them know

That makes about as much sense as hiring a truck with speakers to advertise for you as it goes down the road at 45kph

The beer isn't very cold either, so I left after finishing part of the beer.

Another expat told me he ordered a pepperoni pizza and after he'd sat there more than a couple minutes, another expat came in/ordered the same thing, and the 2nd guy got the first guy's pizza!!

Duh

Soft opening just seems like a way to irritate customers who won't come back for a long time

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2015
  10. Gabrielle_K

Gabrielle_K DI Forum Adept Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +198 / 39
    Edward Lee does own the new place on the right of YNot as you look at it from the blvd. He told me Max's Restaurant and Yellow Cab pizza are going in there along with other(s) I can't recall.

He said it'd be open 4th quarter of this year.

Also going on is HyperMart is selling or renting to SPI or is it STI? as a call center. Hyper will relocate next to Ceres