Dumaguete Info Search

Planning trip unknown length maybe permanent relocation

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by tatuchef, Aug 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tatuchef

tatuchef One Hit Wonder?

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Surviving in tucson, since 72, transplanted here from michigan. We have both lost respect for one another, the only good thing that came from here passed away in 2006. Series of bad events, led to one defining lifechanging moment. So I will be visiting the city hopefully within a 30 to 60 day time period. And i have not researched lengths of stay allowed by Americans on my status. Iam trying to rough plan a budget for a lengthy stay, i would rather spend my money with locals, if the opportunities exist renting a small place or maybe even a room might be good. This will be a much needed vacation so, the only responsibility is to one person who is the reason for the visit. Unlike most Americans my main concern is to be respectful and aware of any disrespectful behavoir that might not be obvious to a American, so any input would be appreciated. Thank you for any input I just registered today so my visits will be frequent during the day. Thank you.

2. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    :confused: Hi tatu, Jack P. just saying Hello. Can we take it that your wife passed away and you have met someone else? You can enter for 21 days on your Passport and then extend locally for up to 2 years, this to be done very 2 months, ( I stand to be corrected on this ) As to Behaviour, well always the Best, is only good enough. Renting! well that's a never ending Story, I am sure, others will help if they can, in the main, check into a Hotel, look around and if the lady is local, ask her to keep her ears to the ground.
    Whatever, welcome to DI, hope you obtain some relevant information. Best of luck in all you wish to do for the Future.

Jack P.:smile:

3. john boy

john boy DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,151 / 230
    tatuchef Welcome to the forum,
    I think you already have good idea of how to behave,
    Stay safe and enjoy.....best wishes JB

4. tomcat

tomcat DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Surviving in Phoenix

Tutachef, i think i know what u are looking for in dumaguete. I have spent time in Manila and Cebu. Cebu is OK, and Manila is the Pits!!! Let me know how u like Dumaguete and check out Valencia, i am thinking of relocating there.After 35 years in Phx, its time to go. I am married to a Cebuana so i know a little about the process. :smile:

5. Manzanita

Manzanita DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    Valencia is nice, I've traveled to a lot of places here in d' islands, and there's nowhere else I rather be.
    I like Baguio also.

6. tomcat

tomcat DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    sleepless in Phoenix

Yes, Baguio is nice but i think its expensive now and i dont need that. We have a lot of property in Cebu and on the comotes islands including a lot of waterfront so that too is an option for us. I think we will sell some or all of out property . I had a nice time out on Corrigidore island in Manila Bay the last time i was there. I am a retired history teacher and it is such a historic and interesting place. I participated in the memorial ceremony in Feburary 2002 on Corrigidore commorating the retaking of the island in 1945 and placed the wreath on behalf of the US.at the site of the monument at the old airstrip .

7. tomcat

tomcat DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Relocating

Tutachef, keep in touch and let us know about your plans, u could be a valuable resource for us who are still stuck here in AZ.

8. Manzanita

Manzanita DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    I visited Corrigidor back in 1992, but back then there wasn't much going on. Most all of the island was undeveloped and overgrown with weeds.
    Brass cartridge shells and chunks of frag lay everywhere.
    I got a personal tour from one of the returning US vets, he showed me the spot where he had been shot at in 42.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.