Dumaguete Info Search

Plastic Fish ID Charts

Discussion in '☋ Diving and Marine Life ☋' started by Chuck the Canuck, Oct 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chuck the Canuck

Chuck the Canuck DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have found some nice plastic color charts for identifying fish that can be taken under water on dives. Unfortunately, I can't find any for the waters of the Philippines. Can anybody tell me where I might find such a chart. Thanks.

2. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Hello Chuck,

as for what I know there are no UW-slates for the Philippines. There are slates for the "Indian Ocean", "Indonesia and Borneo" and "Micronesia and Guam" available. The reef-fish are simillar to the PI-ones.
    For the special stuff (nudis and critters) I made my own, I took my pictures, printed and laminated (double) them.

cheers

Rhoody

3. earlmj

earlmj DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Widest Diversity In The Tropic Oceans Is Here !!

The charts you mention are very likely form teh RED SEA. There are a lot available there..
    If identifying need for both fish and Invertes you can call on me.
    See the board. This is my "cup of tea "
    Rhoosdy is right that the majority of fish resembles other from nearby places . but there are also many enmdemic ones to be found for sure beneath 30 meters. Some other you will find in Australia and Taiwan, Vietnam and Hawaii. One of them is Hoplolatilus formanouri . I have rediscoverd that fish some 25 years ago. It was though to be very rare and only from very deep ( 60 meters ) from one place near to Vietnam. It is quite abunbant at Appari though.

NOWHERE THERE IS A WIDER DIVERSITY OF MARINE LIFE THEN IN THE PHILIPPINES.
    There for just for this one time we can say proudly : ONLY IN THE PHILIPPINES !!
    Just call on me when you get now outcome !!

4. Melvin Tinklehopper

Melvin Tinklehopper Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Man, don't be hanging charts on the fish. You can remember what they are by their appearance.

Jeeeeeesh!

5. earlmj

earlmj DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Well Chuck the Canuck , as you see , or own Flying Nutcase Melvin the Pelvin wishes to address some words to your tread as well. Not that it will do any good to you .
    Please keep in mind Chuck , he is a " one of a Kind " here on the forum. and remember : NO Nuts .. No Glory ...:D

Still .. I liked Danny Kaye better....:wink:

6. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    actually this one made me smile... was a good one:D

Rhoody

7. OP
    OP
    Chuck the Canuck

Chuck the Canuck DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well there you go...a nice little business for someone !!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.