Dumaguete Info Search

Utilities & Mobile PLDT fiber to home update

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by knobhead, Dec 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. knobhead

knobhead The Knobster Infamous

Retired Knobhead Engineer
    Ratings:
    +268 / 23
    The new update from PLDT Fiber to home service in Negros. All of Negros Occidental is now offered Fiber to the home from PLDT. Negros Oriental is scheduled to be complete 2017. 1,899.00 Php gets 20Mbps plus landline, IFLIX, and Fox networks group 3,500 gets you 50 Mbps plus landline, Cignal digital TV channels, IFLIX, Fox networks group.

knobhead
    This message by knobhead has been hidden. This message may be off-topic or have violated forum rules. (Show message)
    • Trollin' Trollin' x 1
  2. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    I wonder how the monthly download limits are on these packages! I hope they are higher than most of the crap globe offers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    Link and where to apply please.

4. Dr. Shiva

Dr. Shiva DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +480 / 165
    Blood Type:
    O-
    Another question is if they are really providing 20/50 Mbps or if the speed in reality is still a joke?

• I was wondering about that too! I was wondering about that too! x 2
  5. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Another thing to consider is the customer service,reading lots of articles about crap service from them and people waiting sometimes days or weeks for a problem to be fixed.
    Atleast globe have a team of contractors which usually turn up within 24 hrs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Show Pony

Show Pony DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +2,368 / 1,258
    Globe will be expanding their customer service. They will be increasing the list of excuses to more than 100.
    Spoiler:
    Some of the excuses will not be YOUR FAULT. :smile: :smile:

• Funny Funny x 3
  7. OP
    OP
    knobhead

Ratings:
    +268 / 23
    There are no limits on those service packages as far as monthly usage. I have had PLDT for 2 years now and they have the guys out within 2 days. I call the trouble hot line on my PLDT landline or if service is completely out I go to the Robinsons' office. PLDT HOME this link will give you the service current areas and prices for the Fiber service.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Dave_Hounddriver

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    Thanks for the link. fishing through all their crap I got to here: PLDT HOME Fibr Areas but it still says nothing about service in Dumaguete. Its too bad really but I really hope you can supply a link of screenshot to show that it really is true.

• Like Like x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    knobhead

Ratings:
    +268 / 23
    Well I can tell you this go outside and see the trenching that is going on all around the city and the Island where they are putting 2 conduits in the ground a black one and a yellow one. Those two conduits are the PLDT fiber to the home project being built all around Negros Island for the past year. All the islands are being built at the same time and as they are completed they are released for sales of service.

• Informative Informative x 2
  10. Dave_Hounddriver

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    I appreciate that it will happen one day, but seriously? I can dig myself a trench today and not be able to be buried in it during my lifetime. I hope the PLDT 20Mbps service comes faster than that. But thanks for the optimism. Philippines needs lots of that.

So until then, who here has the service mentioned in the opening post? Who here has even applied for it and if so, when is the estimated date of installation? I would probably go for it if it was available now.

Dave_Hounddriver
    This message by Dave_Hounddriver has been hidden. This message may be off-topic or have violated forum rules. (Show message)
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Trollin' Trollin' x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.