Dumaguete Info Search

Health & Wellness Please recommend a local dentist for cleaning only

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by Turbota, Jul 23, 2015.

1. Turbota

Turbota DI Member

Retired Military Pilot / Fed Civil Service
    Ratings:
    +107 / 18
    There is another thread about Dumaguete dentists for getting dentures, etc, but I don't want to highjack that thread with my own questions concerning just cleaning ...

I am just looking for a local dentist that is good at cleaning and is reasonably priced.

Any recommendations (and directions)

Thanks,

• Like Like x 2
  2. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    Funny you should mention this as my wife has just had hers done, Around 2.300 p
    As with the Other thread I can only suggest my Dentist, She is on the 3rd Floor ( I am almost sure) of Portal West Building On Silliman Avenue at the Crossing of Perdices Street.

• Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Turbota

Turbota DI Member

Retired Military Pilot / Fed Civil Service
    Ratings:
    +107 / 18
    Thanks ...

2,300 pesos is pretty expensive for just teeth cleaning here in the PI ... When I lived up in Angeles City, I had my teeth cleaned for under 1,000 pesos. I think it was around 600 pesos.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    Welcome to Dumaguete where we are all Rich, Fat and Ugly :roflmao: According to some recent Articles, I rang Azon and she confirmed the cost but then my friend. $50 for keeping your teeth healthy seems OK to me keeping the dreaded fillings at bay for a lot longer and is the same amount you pay for your ACR card but ...... what cost in the States based on the other thread about teeth.
    My wife ( Who is very frugal) tells me she thought that was good for the amount of work the Hygienist did. So I don't know, maybe others will chip in with Something Later.:thumbsup:

JP:wink:

5. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,538 / 1,016
    I get my teeth cleaned every 4-5 months in Dumaguete for 600p
    UPDATE: Portal West Bldg, top floor

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2015
  6. Jack Peterson

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    Every 4/5 months not a lot of Work to do I guess, like many things it is going to depend on how long the OP has not had them Done, in Azons case it was some time so that will teach her EH!:jawdrop:

JP :wink:

7. denpet

denpet DI Senior Member Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Ratings:
    +351 / 96
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I go to Mellanie Park, at Garupa's practice. I think I paid 500 or 1000p for a cleaning last time, 6 months ago. Very thorough and pay attention to details. Have never felt as clean in my mouth as I did after that cleaning (but then I went to the bar and I was as dirty as ever in my mouth again :-) )
    It's on the same road as the immigration. Walk towards the highway, away from the boulevard. Before you get to the Caltex it's on your right hand side.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1