Dumaguete Info Search

please tell me how long to get first time Pinoy passport to travel over seas?

Discussion in '☋ Pinoy Ako ☋' started by tunji oluwajuyemi, Sep 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tunji oluwajuyemi

tunji oluwajuyemi DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +47 / 0
    How long does it really take or how long waiting to get Pinoy passport after application for the first time..l Its not a renewal, its first time getting first one...

Cost and quickest time? any help with answers? thank you much and i will wait for a while for reply

2. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    I Sort of Answered this in your other thread, You go to the DFA and arrange an appointment for Interview, You can do it through an Agency but that is and additional Cost .Link For you Under.

http://www.passport.com.ph/

http://www.passport.com.ph/requirements

actual costs you will Find in the links somewhere. around 5/6000 peso Hope all this helps.

JP

• Like Like x 2
  3. OP
    OP
    tunji oluwajuyemi

Ratings:
    +47 / 0
    thanks again there.. Still no idea how long it can take from start to finished passport in hand...

4. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    :rolleyes:Tunji! How long is a piece of String because this what you are asking. Here in the Provinces my Wife waited only 14 days for the delivery of her Passport. In Manila she (your lady) can go pick it up.

Once the Application is Accepted, Azon was told it would be 5 working days to issue, she could pick it up herself at DFA (Cebu) or they would Post it. Now Tunji, this issue clearly lies with your lady friend.
    The Sooner she gets the Application in and accepted, the Sooner she gets the Passport, BTW, maybe there is an Issue with the Police or NBI Clearance. Just a thought but I did send a link about all the requirements.

If she can't produce all the Requirements, I would be asking Why?

JP:indifferent:

• Like Like x 1
  5. ex231

ex231 DI Member

Ratings:
    +124 / 28
    This is the Philippines, so the the correct answer is "who the hell knows?"

First you have to go hither and thither collecting all the required crap whose price seems to be at the whim of the barangy and/or the person collecting the money. An example is one barangay counselor offered to get my gf barangay clearance for 800p .. special foreigner's gf price no doubt.

We used Dreamland Travel next to BOI. The lady gave us a list of all documents required, we got them and turned them in Aug 6 along with 1800p. She asked when we wanted the appointment - Bacolod could be next day, Cebu a couple of months. We went to Bacolod Aug 12, met the contact lady, did the deal at the passport place and was told probably around Sep 15 .. although they didn't say which year and we're still waiting. We've followed up and have been told "it's delayed" .. who would have guessed?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Jack Peterson

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Mileage will always Vary person to person and Office to office but Tunji, This is How it Should happen, the Link will tell you what she needs and how to go about it. You can do all the checking on things from you end and then tell or Ask her what is happening, best of Luck my friend.

http://www.passport.com.ph/set-appointment

JP

• Like Like x 1
  7. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    1. Call DFA (02)737-1000 to set up an appointment. They will tell her what the requirements are. She will give them her personal data to set up the appointment.
    2. Go to passport.com.ph/print and enter in the reference number given on the phone call.
    3. Make sure she has her NSO Birth Certificate BEFORE the appointment.
    4. On the Appointment date go to ASEANA Business Park, Bradco Avenue corner Macapagal Boulevard, Paranaque City. Be there 30 minutes before the appointment time
    5. Give them printed out paper once there. Get ticket number and follow their instructions.

If she is not going to pick up the passport and wants it delivered she must proceed to the Delivery Counter and pay the Delivery Fee.

Regular processing time is 15 working day. The price is 950 pesos for first time applicants. If you want it expedited in 7 working days it will cost you 1,200 pesos.

All in all the time it takes from making the appointment call to receiving the passport should take no more than a 3 to 4 weeks. (Assuming your girl has her NSO birth certificate already.)

• Like Like x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    tunji oluwajuyemi

Ratings:
    +47 / 0
    Thanks for the info... She says she already applied and did all and is just waiting to have the passport released... This is four to five months ago and 22k piso ago as well.... And a week or more ago, she ask me for more money if i want her passport released.... I said no cause 22k is enough to get a passport, nice cellphone and transportation and eat out with the whole family... Just wanted 2nd opinion on the matter of how long it can take , so i can have an idea if i am getting strung along by her or how long i will have to spend in philippines myself if i choose to come get it for her myself so she doesnt just wander around spending my money and getting nowhere but back online to ask for more and more and more... Thanks for the info..

9. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Did she show you proof (official receipt) she actually applied and paid for the passport? Maybe you should ask her to take a picture of it and send it to you. Any excuse as to why she can't send it to you is a dead give-away that she hasn't actually applied.

• Like Like x 1
  10. OP
    OP
    tunji oluwajuyemi

Ratings:
    +47 / 0
    Sounds about right what you said.. Never asked for receipt of her application.... I just asked to see her passport before i make any more contributions to her purse over there.. I will ask that if we chat again and she insist she already applied and is just waiting for release of it... Wonder if she needs to pay more to release it? thats what she claimed last time... She has a salary from work and a nice phone i bought her, she can sell it and pay her passport if shes serious and then i can get serious again and buy her a new phone...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.