Dumaguete Info Search

PNB Properties Listing

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by doromaner, Mar 30, 2012.

1. doromaner

doromaner DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Has anyone ever looked at our purchased any of the real estate offerings on the Philippines National Bank property list. Some of the prices particularly for agricultural land are really amazing. I realize some of these properties may be in the middle of nowhere, but some may be worth a look? Plus is it not true that is the property is purchased from a bank the title should be beyond question?

2. Cutie ladybug

Cutie ladybug DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Is that info available online?

Link?

3. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    We bought our lot from BPI (Cebu), it was foreclosed and abandoned for around 35 years. They paid the tax and gave me a good price. Everything worked without a single hiccup.
    Ron

4. andiflip

andiflip DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +491 / 173
    I did the same thing in Sibulan, only problem was the bidding process was a bit long winded as i was the only one who put in a bid, They listed the property again in Cebu and Manila and didn't get any bites so it took a year or so but i got it for a very good price.

5. firefly

firefly DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 1
    Foreclosed property's sould be available right away and the price include paperwork (tittle).
    The biggest problem might be with farmland where former owners take revenge for their lost property.

6. ChMacQueen

ChMacQueen DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,386 / 173
    Yah but where is it you can find the listing? I'd be interested but hate to have to run down to the bank to sit for a day to have them try and look through stuff and show me 1 property that is insanely expensive while all the cheap ones are 100 Km to the nearest sari sari hehe

7. firefly

firefly DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 1
    Try Dumaguete City Development Bank.
    They have hundreds of property"s, it will take you only a few minutes to find out if they have something that fits you.
    Go upstairs or ask the security guard at the entrance.

8. Manzanita

Manzanita DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    A tip for foreigners. Do not, in any circumstances, buy any property that is still occupied by, or farmed on by the foreclosed-on residents.

9. Manzanita

Manzanita DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    Exactly, I personally know of more than one incident where this happened and the situation got ugly real fast. It's an avoidable headache.

10. Cutie ladybug

Cutie ladybug DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    A woman lawyer in Cebu was shot and killed just a month or two ago on her way home from watching people being evicted from a lot she'd won a court case over.