Dumaguete Info Search

PNP to get out of the office and patrol streets (or not)

Discussion in 'News and Weather' started by Show Pony, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Show Pony

Show Pony DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +2,377 / 1,261
    Marquez said he will order all station commanders to remove all television sets and air conditioning units inside the police stations as he believes that these are factors that contribute to laziness and negligence to their jobs of most on-duty personnel.
    Read more at PNP chief: Police officers should be out in the streets, not offices | mb.com.ph | Philippine News

PNP chief: Police officers should be out in the streets, not offices | mb.com.ph | Philippine News

I see a business opportunity, anyone want to open a doughnut shop?

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  2. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    That won't work as they will just sleep :biggrin:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. mokum

mokum DI Senior Member

retired
    Ratings:
    +574 / 136
    I agree completely with Marquez seeing here with the "flag ceremony" about 26 cops but that's the only time you see of them on the street. Thery react on emergency calls though.
    This Mr Marquez better start wearing a bullet proof vest, bring his family in a safe place and hire bodygards.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    I had a neighbour once in Southern England, who rose to the Dizzy rank of Chief Superintendent, He had a thing about being seen out on the streets. Even when Snowed under with Administrative desk work, he would always try and do a Beat walk with a Constable at least twice a week irrespective of the Shift times.
    He maintained what we have always said about our Military Officers & Leaders We should never loose contact with the rank and File and certainly not the day to day events on the Street. He went as far as telling his Sergeants, Inspectors and Superintendents, that they should/must all do the Same.
    Needless to say he was not always a popular man but the people in the Street Admired the Event. "Do as I do, not just what I say"

JP:pompus:

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,539 / 1,016
    Those few shady spots near the busy intersections will be very crowded.
    ie. Today at 10:40am we are trying to drive through the congested intersection near the mall where the two highways and the road to Hypermart strategically (not) come together (no traffic directors out there controlling), we were finally able to squeeze through to head into town. Almost through we hear a loud whistle blow, turns out it was a traffic controller in the shade by the mall and must have just woke up and saw the gridlock and blew his whistle from the sidelines, not accomplishing anything.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Turbota

Turbota DI Member

Retired Military Pilot / Fed Civil Service
    Ratings:
    +107 / 18
    And to further fix the problem would be if 'WhyNot' would stop giving the police free coffee .... another cop hangout!

7. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    I want to stand up for General Marquez, I have been friends with him since he was the provential commander here. He is the one high level police officer that I personally know that stands up to help both filipino and foreigners to the full extent of his position equally. I have seen him come to the aid of several foreigners in need of police assistance without hesitation.

The way I read the article, he is doing something in attempt to address a very well known problem.

I for one will always give credit where credit is due, and hope the snipers don't have me in their sites for say'n so....:whistling:

• Like Like x 7
  8. filipinogring

filipinogring DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    What's wrong with free coffee? It's free management. Less chance of anything serious going down. Business owners gave us 50% off in most cases. Perps don't go where cops hang out.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  9. filipinogring

filipinogring DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    I'd tell the road dawgs to shape up or ship out.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

10. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    I agree, but as far as I know the traffic enforcers on the street fall under the jurisdiction of the LTO not the PNP.

• Like Like x 1