Dumaguete Info Search

Pool Comp. & Things to do in Dumaguete

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by kris, Apr 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kris

kris DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi to all the members out there,
    Can I ask is there any POOL COMPS. in Dumaguete, if so where and when, and what other things are there to do to pass the time of day or do you just sit down and chat or just drink and go home.

Kris

2. Mike Alano

Mike Alano DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +33 / 0
    you can fish... play poker at bully bar.... sing at mia's ... play pool challenge at Why Not Music Box... bring a friend to play at SportsBar, Gimmik, DM Billiards...or Barefoot(but very bad tables and balls there)

The local good players are in a "3rd world" setting and its fronting Manang Siony's (Tocino) Barbecue. It's in downtown, ask around where manang siony's is and the ghetto billiards is right in front. Would be an adventure for an expat to go head on with some of the pride of the city there (bets are expected.)

There are still other stuff to do by the way.

3. Mike Alano

Mike Alano DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +33 / 0
    i just remembered the name of the local billiard spot...

J's Pocket Billiards.

4. barkada

barkada DI Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Mike is right. The standard at J's is very high. I know a few of the guys who play there including Buglasan champion. If you can compete with 9 ball break and run outs then go there otherwise find a friendly game .

5. Fozzboy

Fozzboy DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Oh yes Pocket Billiards i used to play that......................but i grew out of it !!!:D:D

6. jj83

jj83 DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Honeycomb Sports Bar has the best billiards tables in town imho. Also the a/c is full blast and there's a big screen TV and crazy-cold beer.

7. Manzanita

Manzanita DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    This thread brings up a memory, if anyone remembers back in the day, there was a notorious bar in Ermita called "Raymonds Fast Foods".
    They had a bunch of pool tables and the local Ermita billiards hustlers were there every night.
    I remember vividly one night a half drunk foreigner decided he wasn't going to pay up on his bet when he lost to one of these guys and then he cussed at them and turned around to walk off, soon as he did, like 3 of these guys just started whacking him on the head with the heavy ends of their pool sticks, and it sounded like a coconut being hit with a stick, God, what a sound. Anyway, they got a good half dozen licks in on his melon and blood was everywhere. Myself and another guy helped this injured fellow into a cab, cab took him to the hospital.
    I went back and paid for my beer.

Ahhhh, the good ol days.

8. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    John sent me a PM saying his wife will bring the vino to your place later today, I will stop by tomorrow am. Thanks

9. Firefly44

Firefly44 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +71 / 4
    Manzanita. I to remember Raymonds back in the early eighties. Just like in the wild west, Cheepest beer and what a place to watch that world.
    Take care :smile:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.