Dumaguete Info Search

Pools?

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by 1lostaussie, Mar 27, 2017.

1. 1lostaussie

1lostaussie DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 1
    Any public pools or resort pools that I can swim in every day ? Free would be good as will buy drink and food whilst there. Or something inexpensive .. thanks

2. Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I do not think you will find anything for free, but the Wife, Daughter and friends LOVE Forest Camp! I do not like swimming (aka; The Rock for all the wrong reasons!) so have not been there personally, but I know it seems to be one of the favourites no questions asked! All natural rock pools, deep pools, wading pools, slides etc and you can stay overnight if you drink (on the sly as you are not supposed to but many bring drinks anyways) a tad too much! :biggrin: hehe

Valencia: Forest Camp

The Forest Camp - UPDATED 2017 Lodge Reviews (Valencia, Philippines) - TripAdvisor

3. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    THUNDER ROAD BAR AND GRILL
    Very small pool. Not sure if it has been fixed yet. Minimum food/drink purchase.

BAMBULO | Restaurant, Pizza, Bar, Pool, Minigolf, Accommodaition, Hotel, Bacong, Dumaguete, Negros OR, Philippines
    Probably one of the nicest/larger pool(s) in the area. Minimum food/drink purchase if I remember correctly.

Tejero Highland Resort And Adventure Park
    Large pool(s)/park in Valencia. Has an entrance fee. Not sure if consumable but it caters more towards locals so I highly suspect it is consumable.

Mike's Dauin Beach Resort
    Small to medium sized pool. P175 (I think) minimum food/drink purchase.

There is a Restobar called Mia's in Sibulan that has a pool. I don't have a showcase or know a website for the place. I've never personally seen the pool, I've only ever been in the front part of the restobar myself. It's been quite some time so I'm not sure if they are even open anymore. Someone else will have to verify this one.

You likely won't find any pools that are completely free to use. It costs a lot of money to maintain a pool and almost every resort is going to have an entrance fee, though most will be consumable. You are probably going to have to buy P100 to P200 worth of food/drinks to use a swimming pool at any of the resorts.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,539 / 1,016
    Some resorts are very busy during dive high season so not as enthusiastic for welcoming walk ins. Many like Bambulo, not a dive resort and a nice pool, in Bacong

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    As pato mentioned bambulo has a life guard during the day as has 2 pools,one of 2 ft for the kids and a deeper one for the adults. The fees is p80 for use ov the pool but you can also ise the cabana and mini golf for this price.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. pating

pating DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    you can swim at the Macias complex in Dumaguete, its an Olympic size pool and I believe it only costs p10 or p20

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    There are plenty really, they all cost. Google resorts in Dumaguete and you will find many and where they are :bag: all will be a consumable entrance but hey! that's business, no such thing as a free lunch EH!

9. AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Marines

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    We have been to several p40-p60 per person. Where are you staying and how far are you willing to travel are two very important details you left out so you are getting answers within a one hour circle (oval).

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Dave & Imp

Dave & Imp DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    I use the day resorts with pools around Dumaguete quite often. I usually have a date with me, so my preference in swimming facilities is to be as first class as possible, with a heavy theme type environment, and private away from the crowds. I do not look for exercise pools. Most of the facilities I like are very competitively priced, but none are free. I do not favor using the facilities on the weekend, as there are too many visitors then. The entrance fee seem to be flexible based on time of year and upgrades to the facilitates, and though I have listed some fees, I would not guarantee any prices down to the peso. Other than the lap pool category most are recreational pools, not exercise type pools. I have listed the different swimming area in my order of my experience preference not economics. None are outrageously priced in my humble opinion and I am sure I have missed more than a few place. Many are family owned which shows in the care of the facilities and level of service. Most day resorts had to start charging day fees, because there were just too many free loaders, so good luck finding a free facility. If you look up the facilities on the internet be sure look for cabana fees, as often time those really alter the overall cost of you visit. Remember we are entering summer, school is out, so the demographics for the day use facilities maybe a little different now than from my recent experiences.

COMMERCIAL RESORT POOL FACILITIES:

Bambulo Resort (Bacong- family owned) is actually the most economical for the price but it is not free. It is my first choice for a swimming facility. It is 80 P to be in the pool area, but you get to use the pool, a gazebo/cabana (often an extra charge at other facilities) miniature golf and it is a first class day resort. The food and drink is available. The best part is that during the week, the facilities my be almost empty ( your experience may vary). Friday they have have a "Japanese all your can eat Buffet (including ice tea) for about 300 P, but do not quote me. That is a good way to round out the day, particularly if you have a date. Many times I go Friday afternoon and stay for the Buffet. Surprisingly is is not too busy with 20-30 people (half full). Reservations are good to have to insure they have enough food for all the "all you can eat-ers." The host, Addy is very freindly and helpful. Like Mike's beach resort, Huiz Swimming Pool, Red Rock hot springs this is a family run business with family on the premises most of the time. Bambulo is closed on Monday and Tuesday. Pool is clean and chlorinated daily. Atmosphere is natural Filipino done to what I would say is international standards. Welcome to Bambulo | BAMBULO

Mike's Beach Resort (Duain - family owned. ) is a dive resort and caterers to divers. However it a wonder boutique type resort for the day user, when the divers out exploring Apo island. The food is great. The fee were 100 P for use of pool. Mike is a great host, most of the time, but his business in diving.. so day users are not his priority. Pool is clean and chlorinated daily So do not hesitate to visit it if you get a chance. www.dumagueteinfo.com/dumaguete-city/sightseeing-dumaguete-suburbs/forest-camp-valencia-dumaguete/

Huiz Swimming (Dumaguete -family owned) pool is the best alternative to Bambulo on Monday and Tuesday when Bambulo is closed. The entry fee is also 80 P, but the cabanas are extra. Most afternoons on Monday and Tuesday, I am the only one there, or there will one other party of people there. I like that private feature Pool is clean chlorinated daily. the facilities are very nice. They do not have food service other than snacks www.facebook.com › Places › Dumaguete City › Public Swimming Pool

Forest Camp (Valencia) is very nice beautiful natural setting of multiply pools, rock climbing wall and zip line. It is a beautiful place and again best on the weekdays. I have never found it to be empty, but usually not crowded during the week. Entrance fee is about 80 p per person. They also have skateboard facilities. I do not remember the present entry fees, but they are inline with the other alternatives, but they do have some free cabanas as well as fee cabanas... first come first pick. They seem to allow food to be brought in, but also have food service. The biggest negative is the water is COLD...like Red Rock Waterfall, and Tejero. . www.dumagueteinfo.com/dumaguete-city/sightseeing-dumaguete-suburbs/forest-camp-valencia-dumaguete/

Red Rock Waterfalls (Valencia) is a very natural place. The water is cold pools are natural and smaller than the other places. The fees are about 25 P per person, but the cabanas are extra. . The recent rains modified some of the pools but they were busy removing rocks. It is a great place to visit at least once for the scenery. It is smallest, but again going at the right time makes all the differences. The trip/ride to the waterfall is very very picturesque, including going by the steam vents of Valencia; traveling-up.com/red-rock-waterfalls-near-dumaguete-city/

Red Rock Hot Springs (Valencia) is very nice hot spa. It does not really accommodate swimming but the pools are nice, and the people are visiting are always congenial for conversation. The visitor are from all parts of the world. Snack are available. Entry is about 40 P each, but the cabanas are extra. The trip/ride to the waterfall is very very picturesque, (same as road to RedTock Waterfalls) including going by the steam vents of Valencia; traveling-up.com/red-rock-waterfalls-near-dumaguete-city/

Tejero Highland Resort and Adventure Park (Valencia) is just short ways down the road from Forest Camp It is a favorite spot of the young teenage crowd. If you like to be surrounded by young people in a noisey environment this is the place for you. This is a nicefacility if you're with a group. You can bring your own picnic and have fun in the pool. The brave can go for a zip line adventure The entrance fee (but the cabanas are extra,) and food is very reasonable, a little cheaper than the other places as their target guest is a Filipino. The pools are huge, designed for the masses you will incurred when visiting there. There are cabanas for rent. It is more a Filipino focused facilities, meaning do not expect the cabana you rented will not be occupied by another group of Filipinos if they can sneak on your table. Tajeros is definitely as place for the masses.

Tierra Alta Residential Resort, Valencia, Negros Oriental. ... swimming pool with an astounding panoramic view of Dumaguete City and the Neighboring islands. Although this is a dramatic pool facilities that will impress any Filipino, it seems to have no shade and would most likely be hard to sit in the Summer sun on the large pool decks. My during the week visits, I have never seen anyone on the pool deck, but the view is great. It is probably a great place to take a Filipino date early in the relationship if you want to impress her. There is a nice restaurant, and a very impressive gate structure going up to the facilities. I am not sure of the pricing. I designed many pool facilites in the US, and although this site is impressive with it views, it lacks a lot of design intimacy and sophistication. The fact that you look over a fantastic panorama view of Dumaguete, only to have a set of power lines about 25 meters off the pool deck in the middle of the view, shows the amount of thinking that really went into the design. The utility consultant would have been fired from any design team I worked on for that blunder alone. This is a very impressive macho facility, including a bell tower you can walk to the top, but I am not sure how practical the facility would be for day use. I have never used the pool. tierraaltaresort.com/

Pigeon Resort (Dumaguete) is great place for large groups, but is not my cup of tea, as I like more intimate theme type Day resorts. It seems to have the potential for swimming laps. I have never acualually used the facilities : Pigeon Resort

LAP POOL FACILITIES:

There is a competitive lap type pool at the Provincial park area, located just behind Freedom Park, this swimming pool is not only huge, but at only 45 cents entry it's a great pool for exercise. I have never been there so I know little about it other than is cheap and is good for exercise type swimming. Other posters may have more information.

Check the internet for more information and current day use fees to find the best choice for you. These facilities all seem to be in a constant flex regarding hours, fees and open days.

• Informative Informative x 8
    • Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1