Dumaguete Info Search

POOR PINAY vs DIRTHY JOE ??

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by mokum, Sep 14, 2013.

1. mokum

mokum DI Senior Member

retired
    Ratings:
    +574 / 136
    CEBU, Philippines - Cebu third district Representative Gwendolyn Garcia condition has filed a bill seeking an additional requirement for male foreign nationals desiring to marry a Filipina before a marriage license can be granted to prevent exploitation of Filipino women.

“We are all aware of incidents that some foreigners who come to the Philippines to marry Filipino women are vagabonds or social and moral derelicts in their own country, whose real motive is only to take advantage and exploit our women,” Garcia said.

Garcia is author of House Bill 2387 or “An Act amending Article 66 of the Civil Code of the Philippines in order to prescribe addition al requirements for male citizens or subjects of a f\oreign country desiring to marry a Filipino woman.”

“Not a few of these male foreigners’ real motive for marriage is to exploit our women by making them work and worse, by sending them to prostitution and other degrading and dehumanizing occupations,” Garcia said.

At present, Garcia said, “when either or both the contracting parties are citizens or subjects of a foreign country, it shall be necessary, before a marriage license can be obtained, to provide themselves with a certificate of legal capacity to contract marriage, to be issued by their respective diplomatic or consular officials.”

The bill provides that when one of the contracting parties is a male citizen or subject of a foreign country desiring to marry a female citizen of the Philippines, in addition to the certificate of legal capacity, the foreign subject or citizen shall provide himself with a certificate of good moral character and a certificate that he has a gainful trade, business or employment, to be issued by his diplomatic or consular official, before a marriage license can be obtained.

Garcia said the exploitation of Filipino women, thru the so-called mail-order or pen-pal, Facebook, website mail, and other internet instigated marriages, has not only caused untold miseries and sufferings to Filipino women but also brought dishonor and disgrace to Filipino womanhood.

“The proposed requirements, in addition to the usual certificate of legal capacity, are intended to protect our women from these undesirable foreigners,” Garcia said.

The Garcia bill has been referred to the Committee on Revision of Laws chaired by Rep. Marlyn Primicias-Agabas (6th District, Pangasinan). — Philippine Star News Service/LPM

2. denpet

denpet DI Senior Member Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Ratings:
    +351 / 96
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Good initiative. But, why limit it to foreign males? I have seen far more filipina women being exploited by filipino men, than by foreigners. And, also investigate the bride. I have seen many cases of foreigners who married gold diggers that do so only to milk them of money. If the girl had to show "a certificate of good moral character and a certificate that (s)he has a gainful trade, business or employment" many of these financial marriages would never happen :-D

3. Lee from Canada

Lee from Canada DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Seems redundant I believe most country's will not let you bring a wife in unless you can show you can afford it .

But I could be wrong ?

4. Firefly44

Firefly44 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +71 / 4
    What percentage of Dirty foreigners is this then 10% 99% ?? Nothing like a good generalisation.
    Lets have the stats for Gold Diggers, Rapists, Murderers, Robbers and Bigamists, In the General population.

5. simple mind

simple mind DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / 4
    "to provide themselves with a certificate of legal capacity to contract marriage, to be issued by their respective diplomatic or consular officials."
    As much as I remember, all of us that have 13a visas had to submit exactly a certificate like that, I think it was called a "Police Clearance" or such...

6. OP
    OP
    mokum

mokum DI Senior Member

retired
    Ratings:
    +574 / 136
    I'm wondering about the percentage of male foreigners who seek marriage to "exploit our women by making them work and worse, by sending them to prostitution and other degrading and dehumanizing occupations,”
    against the percentage of woman on "the so-called mail-order or pen-pal, Facebook, website mail, and other internet instigated sites" are already in to prostitution and other degrading and dehumanizing occupations??

7. brian ausie

brian ausie DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +32 / 2
    ok I am a victim, my Asawa was a gold digger and bigamist. keep adding to this page see how many we get, maybe we can send our result into Gwendolyn Garcia.
    maybe she is upset she got caught by her foreigner, so now she has some power to show

8. brian ausie

brian ausie DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +32 / 2
    There is a karaoke bar here where the owner exploits the girls she recruits, she pays them p1.5k a month, the poor girls work over 500 hours a month, they are not allowed to go out except for their one day off a week, she is very very cunning, she gets the girls in debt by buying them clothing or by giving the girls family money without the girls knowledge, to trap them so they can not leave, if the girls family have a medical need she is there quick as a flash to help out, more debt for the girls.
    The girls job description is as follows, entertain men at the bar, and attempt to get the men to buy ladies drinks until 12 at night, but no touching, then awake at 4 am to feed the pigs and other choirs during the day, they can sometimes have a short sleep in the day.
    She also sells them second hand cell phones @ p1,200 more debt, how many of these girls are being primed up for prostitution? Not necessarily at the bar but when the men offer them more money in one night then they get in one month, it is obvious a large percentage will end up as prosties.
    Shame on you madam, hey that was not a dirty foreigner but a dirty pinay.

9. nice_sherwood

nice_sherwood DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    This reminds me of a friend who married an American unfortunately the marriage didnt last too long. The moment she arrived in America (Florida) she came to realised after a couple months of living there with him that he was a creepy sort of guy asking her to have sex with his mates and because she refused, he started hitting on her bestfriend! It just didnt stop there though, she asked for a divorce a couple years later her husband finally brought in her ex- bestfriend but because their marriage hasn't been finalised that time he got his son which was only 19 at that time to marry his new girlfriend just so she can come to America. He tried to send her back to philippines Incase she squeals but badluck for him, the American immigration put a barred on him and his now under investigation. Some people just do weird stuffs I guess although I'm not saying this applies to all Men foreign or locals. I've seen some Filipino men as well that pimped their wives and even encourage them to chat with foreigners so they can both rip off the foreigners. Just disgusting. But what can u do? sh*t happens everywhere :-(

10. niskivich

niskivich DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Holy cow, what a plot!!!

Both happens: pinay women exploit foreigners a lot and the opposite. Both.
    But who does she think is supposed to provide those kind of certificate??? God Almighty?
    The fact that the guy has all the official paper work done (police clearence etc) guarantees nothing. He can turn out to be a real maniac with a heavy case of diferent papers, reccomendations from friends and neighbours and so on but still have cruel intentions. You simply never know untill you know him better.

Gwendolyn is right trying to uprise this subject. But my own private opinion is the only way to try to prevent this shame is to get girls well-informed of what a man (male) is and how to behave with him in a proper way, how to take care of yourself and your own safety. This should be done both inside families and at schools too. Local girls seem to be too immature and native to me sometimes even reaching the age of 30.

Sorry 4 mistakes and typos, guys