Dumaguete Info Search

Port closure

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by Sky6king, Apr 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sky6king

Sky6king DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi all, hope everyone is feeling chipper.

I have a couple of questions:

1 Has the port reopened since the protest a couple of weeks ago.

2. Are there any problems associated with bringing a laptop in country. Reason I asked is the fact when I bought my wife a laptop for her b-day, I had to sign a statement that the unit was not for export. Any Comments will be welcome.

Have tickets for June 03. Look forward to making new friends.

Ken-Sky6king

2. nead

nead DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    i can only answer your first question. yeah, it has already reopened.

3. RHB

RHB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 2
    I brought a lap top in via Cebu three years ago, they didn't look at it or open the case. If you come to Dumaguete the transport companies will route you here by alternative ports, all close by and used by many anyway. No problem. And the port is open I hear anyway for passenger service but not freight.

This is the way it should be in my opinion, let the trucks and freight liners go north or south, the trucking cost difference is negligable, and the BVLD will benefit from less heavy commercial traffic.

4. ranabs

ranabs DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello Nead,

Thanks for the info, just need a little detail. How true is it that only passengers are allowed to disembark while cargoes are to be unloaded in other ports such as Bacong and Tampi as I've read in the other thread? I am planning to spend a week or two there with my family this summer but we have a sort of cargo with us.

Cheers!!

5. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    If you have your "Sort of Cargo" with you as a "kind of lugage" it is no problem (unless it's the mother in law).

If you send it seperate as Cargo, nobody knows at the moment how it will be handled in the future. I assume everything will be "back to normal" in a few, as Dumaguete is not building a new and renovating the old pier for this 10 passenger-ferries per day...

cheers

Rhoody

6. OP
    OP
    Sky6king

Sky6king DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the replies guys-you all are super-Ken

7. ranabs

ranabs DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks Rhoody, BTW it's a car. Can it be unloaded in Dgte if we'll take the ferries of Montenegro/Cokaliong? Because I've learned that if it be unloaded in other ports/wharfs such as Tampi, it will cost another 1,000 pesos. Sorry my friend, just finding ways to save. Anyway, thanks again, you're a great help really.

8. Pearls

Pearls DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hi everybody

hi nead, in response about cargos, i have mine ship to bacolod then by truck going to our place. According to the shipping company that have my stuff because of the dumaguete port temp. close. Its a hassle, some of my stuff are breakable hope still be able to sell most of. Long way drive! Have a good day.

9. Pearls

Pearls DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    sorry that was for Ranads in response to cargos... Not Nead.

10. muddyfeet

muddyfeet DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    No problems with the laptop. We just got here about 2 weeks ago and no problem. Have a safe journey.:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.