Dumaguete Info Search

Ports authority to launch contact-tracing app

Discussion in 'COVID-19' started by Notmyrealname, Sep 13, 2020.

1. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    https://www.cnnphilippines.com/news/2020/9/12/Ports-authority-launch-contact-tracing-app.html

"Metro Manila (CNN Philippines, September 12) — The Philippine Ports Authority (PPA) will be launching its own contact tracing app and automated ticketing system to curb COVID-19 transmission in terminals nationwide, an official confirms.

PPA general manager Jay Daniel Santiago said in a virtual press briefing by the Transport Department on Saturday that the app will be launched next week.

At the moment, PPA has been strictly implementing transport health protocols including requiring passengers to fill out a health declaration form. According to Santiago, a contact tracing app will be a big help to contain infections. The PPA is also requiring passengers to follow the one-meter social distancing rule.

“Sa susunod ding linggo, magkakaroon din tayo ng test run ng ating automated ticketing system,” he added.

[Translation: Next week, we will also have a test run for our automated ticketing system.]

With this setup, Santiago said there will be no need for face-to-face contact with ticketing agents as automated machines will be placed in terminals.

He said that the DOTr is also studying to have a unified contact tracing platform for public transport units in the country.

The Transport Department announced on Saturday that they will gradually ease the one-meter distancing rule in public transport units starting September 14. The distancing measure has been reduced to 0.75 meter, and will be further shortened to 0.5 meter on September 28, and to 0.3 meter starting October 12."

My comments:

1. Will it actually work?
    2. Will staff at some ports refuse passengers because they are not aware of it?
    3. Is 50/30 cm not totally pointless? Might as well not have any distancing rules if it is to be 30 cm/1 ft apart.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Happy Camper

Happy Camper DI Senior Member Restricted Account Infamous Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,395 / 180
    Blood Type:
    O+

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Always a Poppy

Always a Poppy DI Senior Member Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +828 / 142
    It's rare that you see anyone closer than a couple of feet unless in an intimate relationship. That's human nature.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
  4. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,856 / 1,026
    Blood Type:
    A+
    When I was out side sumc looking at the info board there were about 5 people trying to get to look and one women was literally leaning and touching me:smile:
    I told her distance please. Then the wife chimed in she must like you.:smuggrin:

• Funny Funny x 6
  5. OP
    OP
    Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    Wives have radars - I try to keep just below. :smile:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Happy Camper

Happy Camper DI Senior Member Restricted Account Infamous Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,395 / 180
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Or unless they are lining up to get their SAP payments, food allocations or whatever they need and it is free.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. eskirvin

eskirvin DI Forum Adept Blood Donor Veteran Navy

Signal Planner
    Ratings:
    +410 / 50
    Blood Type:
    A-
    All 3 of my flights to get to Kuwait, every bus I was on rather than an airbridge, and every line I waited in for PCR tests looked like a human centiede. The people that don't understand personal space still don't.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. SpringYellow

SpringYellow DI Member

Ratings:
    +78 / 23
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Sad to know that many people can't comprehend simple sentences.