Dumaguete Info Search

Trades & Labor Position Vacant

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by Nutz2U2, Jan 10, 2016.

1. Nutz2U2

Nutz2U2 DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +269 / 29
    Hi Guys,

As some of you know, we have finalized our move to Dumaguete in December.

So part of our strategy, is for my wife to look and apply for jobs (permanent) to give long term stability (in case I kick the bucket) :inpain: - so to speak.

We believe the call centers have regular interviews, tests, etc etc.

The questions are:

Are there any local job advertising agencies ??

Or is everything by word of mouth ??

Does anybody know of any of these facilities here in Duma ??

Does anybody know of other ways of jobs being advertised ??

Thanks

2. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    About as much help as I can be Tonight my friend
    Dumaguete Jobs in Philippines - Job Vacancy @ Job Search JobStreet.com Philippines

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. hawk263

hawk263 DI Forum Adept Blood Donor Veteran Army

Retired
    Ratings:
    +488 / 81
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I frequently hear the local call centres advertising vacancies on one of the FM channels (can't remember which one as asawa keeps switching channels), or you could just go to the call centres and ask. They do seem to need more people.

4. DaveD

DaveD DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +1,041 / 129
    Blood Type:
    A+
    They have a call center next to Robinson's Place Dumaguete and they have a stall in the mall in front of the grocery store where they accept applications etc...

Hope that helps.

• Like Like x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    Nutz2U2

Ratings:
    +269 / 29
    Hi Guys,

Yes the Call Centers are an option - unfortunately they also have huge turnover and usually only 6 months contracts only to get around the "permanent entitlement" advantages.

Wife's cousin gets to work for 6 month - then sits around for 3 months.

But we have resumes in with them, as well as 2 resumes in with JobStreet.com (Thank Jack).

We'll see how we go :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:.

Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  6. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Another reason for the high turnover rates might be the poor work ethic in the Philippines. I'm sure they have a hard time finding employees that show up for work every day of the month (that they are supposed to work). I'd fire the whole lot of them and find replacements as soon as I could too if they always had excuses.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. OP
    OP
    Nutz2U2

Ratings:
    +269 / 29
    Very true. Very true.

Always 2 sides to every story.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Dave & Imp

Dave & Imp DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    The people I have talked to that have worked in the call Centers say the work is very stressful. I think when someone calls for help, or worst is pissed at whatever happened and you get to take those call it does get stressful. Remember most call centers work at night a lot because they are working with countries in other time zone. I do not think it is easy work, I know few that have stayed long on the job... past the first or second 6 month contract.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. TheDude

TheDude DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +1,465 / 822
    I think they hire by project, or some of them do anyways. The projects themselves are probably on X month contracts. When the project goes, probably so do most of the people working on that project.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. OP
    OP
    Nutz2U2

Ratings:
    +269 / 29
    Dismissed workers slam BPO firm in Dumaguete
    Wednesday, February 17, 2016

ANGRY and dismayed dismissed workers of a business process outsourcing (BPO) firm in Dumaguete City, Negros Oriental, staged a protest action Monday, February 15, despite the absence of a mayor’s permit.

Kabataan and Anakpawis Partylist joined the said workers protest and “condemned the gross neglect of the workers’ rights,” said Danny Cordova, Anakpawis–Negros Oriental coordinator, in a media release.

Senior Superintendent Harris Fama, officer-in-charge provincial police director of Negros Oriental, said that about 15 people were sighted at the vicinity of a shopping center around 9:30 a.m. Monday, carrying placards that were intended for SPi Global.

The police monitored the activity, which Fama said did not have a permit from the mayor’s office, but the group voluntarily dispersed shortly thereafter.

Maria Anna Amahit, one of the 100 dismissed workers, said the protest is a necessary action since the company illegally dismissed them, thus affecting their lives as well as their families.

“SPi Global-CRM has obviously violated our rights since we have been dismissed without a just reason and did not even undergo a due process,” Amahit said in a statement.

Kabataan-Negros Oriental Secretary General, Candido Ebarle, lambasted SPi Global-CRM allegedly for its inhumane scheme of sweeping away tenured workers and replacing them with new workers under contractual scheme.

Ebarle said that dismissal among tenured workers is a trend in BPO companies to avoid the responsibilities of giving workers’ benefits and much higher labor cost compared to the contractual labor policy.

Anakpawis Partylist Negros Oriental Coordinator Danny Cordova enjoined the working class to support the call of the dismissed SPi Global-CRM workers, saying this is an issue that needs to be addressed by the labor system.

The dismissed workers earlier sought the assistance of the Department of Labor and Employment and the National Labor Relations Commission regarding what they described as illegal termination by SPi Global. (PNA)