Dumaguete Info Search

Post Stroke Update 18 Mos.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by PatO, Mar 27, 2015.

1. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,539 / 1,016
    18 months after surviving a life-threatening stroke, I am not going to suggest to anyone what they could or should do to prevent having a stroke; there are many sites that can offer better advice than I can. All I will offer is, once again, you don't want to have one.
    I am slowly making progress but still handicapped with my balance, control, use of my right hand, and cannot get up or down without help. On the plus side, I can now walk without a cane if I have someone walking with me in case I start wobbling or my bad (right) leg starts collapsing.
    Working hard walking and at the gym helps fight off depression and keeping the never give up spirit and attitude.
    Watching my son grow and having a beer with my friends is enjoyable therapy. Finally, my wife taking such excellent care of me is a real blessing. Life is good.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Crystalhead

Crystalhead ADMIN Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★★ Forum Sponsor ★★ ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired
    Ratings:
    +1,991 / 1,090
    My mother had 2 strokes (over a ten year period) and suffered symptoms that you are describing. In both cases she recovered 100% over time and went on to live thirty+ years past the stroke dates and showed no ill effects of what was. In many cases normality can come about. Good luck to you and congrats on your Wife's wonderful supportive nature .

• Like Like x 5
  3. Dave & Imp

Dave & Imp DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    I started reading excerpts from a book, "Younger next year" on the net as recommended by a friend. The concept seems to be that you have to want to live, have something to live for to motivate you to want to be healthier and enjoy life more as time goes by to have a younger outlook on life. It seems like with your son and wife, you certainly have the motivation to live as best of life as you can, and to put your heart and body into the sometimes taxing process of recovery. I see you efforts at the gym, and applaud you approach to what could have been a catastrophic event in your life. Good work...:shamefullyembarrased: Pat, and thanks for the updates.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2015
  4. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Glad to hear you are still recovering PatO. Keep up the hard work! Look forward to meeting up again when I get back.

• Like Like x 4
  5. blueskies

blueskies DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +204 / 35
    Thank you dear Pato for sharing your positive thoughts towards life! You are such an inspiration! I can feel you men!! I am also battling a bit of my down recently. Few years ago, I had crisis, mid life crisis I must say.. which is only few men are able to accept and be aware about women stuff due to hormonal blahblahblah… I am not on critical condition yet, from my genes I have this C… runs in the family. Me and my daughter is aware of how are we going to fight, so I did all necessary shots to prevent from this killer deceases. Four years ago, my doctor found this unwanted cyst on my 2 ovaries that needs yearly monitor, during 3 years I was stubborn to check how’s these alien are growing inside me, so last January I was confined in the hospital for 4 days in makati where I saw nice young handsome nurses that gives me more motivation! I was been taking hormones(and, today I had a new kind of hormones shot that will put me into a Pseudo-pregnancy) that’s why I’m bit naughty on some of my post. I’m a straight women but this time before I go to the rainbow bridge I want to be the happiest person in the universe! I really like the funny kinky stuff that we all laugh at!

Today, I’m a bit shitty and low because me and my doctor found a tiny basketball on my armpit…I cry a bit because I have really the best life…the best husband who prepares my breakfast everyday and prepares my super healthy lunch almost everyday. Tonight’s dinner at pasta king we spoke about how are we going to rest in the rainbow bridge and we both agreed to be cremated and put our ashes together at top of my hero grandmother’s grave in my hometown. Tomorrow, I will have to do women stuff at the laboratory then results will be next week. I am really prepared of everything’s coming on me. Although I don’t have a religion But, I believe in prayers… so perhaps good looking guys in DI will pray for me.:cool::cool::cool:

• Like Like x 2
  6. patty

patty DI Forum Adept Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +254 / 18
    Blueskies, you will be in my thoughts and stay strong throughout your tests. Happy you have a wonderful man to love and care for you.

• Like Like x 2
  7. patty

patty DI Forum Adept Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +254 / 18
    PatO, nice to read your update. Playing with your son is great exercise too. Be proud of yourself and keep up the workouts. Well done.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Dave & Imp

Dave & Imp DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    @blueskies
    About 5 years ago I was diagnosed with Prostate Cancer. :frown: This also runs in my family, my father had it when he died and my brother died from the outcome of this cancer. That diagnoses changed my life... to the better. :smile: I did the necessary medical stuff and was finally told by an ethical doctor that I would most likely die with the cancer but not because of it because my cancer was a very low grade and located in the part of my prostate which would not induce it to escape to the rest of my body, like my brothers had. The un-ethical doctors did not see my cancer, but only :greedy:$ in their eyes, and wanted to do all types of income producing procedures. I then realize that like everyone else on earth I am not immortal, but maybe a little immoral at times... :wink: but I will be the judge of that. The blessing of my cancer is that I stopped always focusing on tomorrow and started living for today in a perspective type manner. I stopped trying to build this beautiful dream bubble which I hoped someday I would live in for the next 200 years, and accepted what I am and where I am and started enjoying the hell out of every moment in my life. Now instead of planning to live for 200 years on a lake drinking a ice cold coke, my dream is to die much sooner from a bullet in the back as I climb out of a bedroom window by a jealous 21 year old husband... well not really but you get my point...:wink: Remember every morning we receive a beautiful gift when we open our eyes and see a new day. :smile: Enjoy each day when you get it, not tomorrow!

• Like Like x 3
  9. OP
    OP
    PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,539 / 1,016
    Blueskies, our prayers are with you.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1