Dumaguete Info Search

Update Poster of the Month

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements & User Feedback' started by Rye83, Feb 19, 2015.

1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I have added a feature that tracks how many posts a person makes in a given month. The person with the most posts at the end of the month wins the poster of the month title.

The top 5 are shown on the main forum page and top 10 show here: Top Poster of Month | Dumaguete info - The Website of Gentle People If you click "Previous Month" your can go back and see who the big posters were in the previous months....it goes back to the day the forum first opened in 2006, if you are willing to click that many times (I'm not). Admin and moderators are excluded from these counts and cannot win the title.

Once I have worked out the kinks this will not be awarded to the person who posted the most, but rather who made the most relevant/liked posts. I'm sure there will be some monthly giveaways for this at a later date.

The leader boards are updated every 6 hours (or once at 6 in the morning....the settings aren't exactly straight forward :cautious:).At the end of the month it should choose a winner automatically and it should give the person a banner for it. We'll see how that works out.

I am looking at adding competitions as well as this to give away prizes for being active members on the forum.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    @Wrye83

:cool:Not wishing to tread on Dustins toes but you will find it by clicking on Members tab and then on the drop box.

Sorry boss but ................. :blackeye: just trying to be helpful here.:whistling:

JP:bag:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Crystalhead

Crystalhead ADMIN Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★★ Forum Sponsor ★★ ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired
    Ratings:
    +1,991 / 1,090
    I think it's a great idea and over the long run may assist in the growth of the forum. Kudos out to Dustin for the concept!

• Like Like x 2
  4. OP
    OP
    Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Nope, I believe it was PatO's idea. I just set it up.

I'm always open to suggestions on improving the forum/website so if anyone has any you can post it in this section of the forum and we'll have a look at seeing if it can be done. (doing it is usually the easy part, finding the right ideas can be tricky. I have a short list of things I think would help improve the forum that I'll be working on the next week or two.)

• Like Like x 2
  5. Crystalhead

Crystalhead ADMIN Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★★ Forum Sponsor ★★ ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired
    Ratings:
    +1,991 / 1,090
    Too bad Dustin can't blanket email all members a welcome back. There are many members on here that I recognize their usernames on other sites, that have not been back here for a coons age. I think I will contact some old friends I know! If the Admin's and staff plus current active members sent hellos out to (let's) say a dozen of older members (through PM'S) weekly..that will certainly send out a lot of alerts that would appear in their e-mail! And help get the forum kicking again.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2015
  6. OP
    OP
    Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Emails to inactive members giving updates on changes/new threads on the forum is on my list. That is one that will take me some time to set up as I don't want to spam people's inbox. Too many emails it's spam, too little it's not effective.

7. Crystalhead

retired
    Ratings:
    +1,991 / 1,090
    Exactly.... the task must be divided up. Different IP Address's from current members and Staff members will perhaps not be spammed if sent out in small packet PM'S of 10 or twelve at a time. Think about it and consider me in.

• Like Like x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I already have a problem with my emails getting kicked back by a ton of email providers (mainly AOL). I know how to fix this, just haven't gotten around to it.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Crystalhead

retired
    Ratings:
    +1,991 / 1,090
    Good luck Dustin.... but I just may give it a go over the next week or so. Send out some invites. If the internet slow pokes or stone walls my efforts,,,, I just change my I.P. Address. The easiest way to do that is to unplug the modem for 3 to 24 hours! Just saying where there's a will there's away. Best of luck friend!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Crystalhead

retired
    Ratings:
    +1,991 / 1,090
    Well credit is due,, Thank yous out to PatO.s. For those whom love the forum may we all be inspired to become inventive.!

• Like Like x 2