Dumaguete Info Search

Bacong Power outage from storm

Discussion in 'Surrounding Areas' started by AlwaysRt, May 13, 2016.

1. AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Marines

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Anyone know how widespread the current power outage is? Mine got knocked out I guess around midnight, after the storm went through by the sound of it. Any updates on repairs? I looked online but couldn't find any information, shocking haha.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. gerry_bc

gerry_bc DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +608 / 34
    Also out n San Miguel but on in Dauin. Hope not too long....

3. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Always the same from them every year,as soon as it rains there are failures of some sort!
    It was all the way to siaton this time,most back on around 5am but bacong around 9.30 am.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I think it probably has to do with trees being too close to the line then a bit of wind and rain knocks down a coconut. Coconut falls and smashes through the rotten poles or rips down the line. Considering how much paperwork it takes to cut one of those trees down it's amazing it doesn't happen more often.

• Agree Agree x 1