Dumaguete Info Search

Prescription Dive Masks

Discussion in '☋ Diving and Marine Life ☋' started by logicwings, Dec 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. logicwings

logicwings DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Any one know where one can obtain prescription Dive masks locally? Im near sighted -2.50. Thanks Gary

2. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Hi Gary, I don't think the diveshops here have them in stock, but I know that they can be ordered from Cebu.

cheers

Rhoody

3. India-One

India-One DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    rhoody, since you guys here are talking of divemask, is there a possibility to secure or buy a dive mask in dumaguete that-is somewhat anti-fog? or can you recommend a brand of dive mask that is less prone for fog,

thnks

4. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    there are quite good masks available in different locations. I always recommend Mikes diveshop at the Boulevard cause he is just a great guy and has quality for a good price , not the Chinese copys of a Taiwanese product. (gives also sometimes discount for DI members)
    Mikes Adventure Dive Shop just give him a call or txt to make sure he is around...
    If you buy a new mask it has usually a silicon layer inside. you take some toothpaste (or even Tide) and clean it inside properly before you use it the first time. If you have a black-silicon mask you also can burn the layer out with a lighter.
    Another reason for fogging could be cream or sun-lotion in the face.
    before each dive you spit in it, use artificial spit or the oil of Papaya leaves. that keeps a good Mask fog-free...

cheers

Rhoody

5. India-One

India-One DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Thanks Rhoody

6. OP
    OP
    logicwings

logicwings DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Rhoody, thanks for your response. Thinking all the places ive snorkled around the world and not really seeing in clarity, thought I would purchase the subject mask. Any information where a prescription mask can be ordered or purchased would be appreciated. Gary

7. OP
    OP
    logicwings

logicwings DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Rhoody, thanks for your response. Thinking all the places ive snorkled around the world and not really seeing in clarity, thought I would purchase the subject mask. Any information where a prescription mask can be ordered or purchased would be appreciated. Gary

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.