Dumaguete Info Search

Price of Fuel

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by tfa1957, May 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tfa1957

tfa1957 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    I was wondering what the price of gas/petrol is now. The price of gas here in the states varies from a bit over $3.15 agallon in my community to over $4.00 a gallon in other parts of the U.S. I'm pretty sure after conversion from litres to gallons and from peso to dollars, the price will be higher in the Philippines, but was wondering anyway??? What about the cost of owning something like a pedicab or scooter...is that a common thing for expats to use or do most just use cars and trucks? I just thought it might be an interesting thread for those of us that are planning out a rough idea of living costs.

Thanks,

Tom

2. Visayas

Visayas Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Most places in the Philippines get lots of rain, including Negros. So a pedicab or scooter might not make for a pleasant ride many days of the year.

It's also difficult to make a long trip, or to get out and do some serious shopping with a pedicab or scooter.

Some inter-island ferries allow you to transport your vehicle, so you can do some island hopping to other provinces. You definitely want the comfort and security of a car if you're going to do a pretty fair amount of traveling.

I don't think you could go wrong purchasing a dependable 4-cylinder economy car. While gas isn't cheap in the Phils, the price of cars and car insurance is generally more reasonable than the USA.

Cut out unnecessary trips around town that waste gas, and you should thoroughly enjoy and appreciate having a car.

3. West Coast Hokies

West Coast Hokies DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Trying to be helpful:confused: You critize Tom to a personal level, on one thread and help him here?

Why don't you tell him how you really feel? That it's not worth buying gas in the PI. In fact it's not worth it to live in the PI at all.

4. TUYOM

TUYOM DI Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 4
    people with two faces

5. OP
    OP
    tfa1957

tfa1957 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Well, again, Visayas expresses alot of opinion passed off as facts and always contributes.... well, he types alot but no useful words are displayed. We call that talking alot and not saying anything. So, can anyone share how much the cost of petrol/gas is in Dumaguete?

Tom

6. The Dane

The Dane DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    I was surprised Visayas didnt try to turn this thread in to how dangerous it is to refuel your car in case terrorists would target the gas station, or gangs would steal your hub caps and paint graffiti on your car while you wait.

7. TUYOM

TUYOM DI Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 4
    (not sure i dont have a car)

8. TUYOM

TUYOM DI Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 4
    but i just read somewhere that its around 35 /liter

9. Swany

Swany DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Yeah, me too. I'm so glad he did not. Thank heavens! :smile:

10. Timn8ter

Timn8ter DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    On each of my trips to the Philippines the price of fuel after the metric/peso conversion was pretty close to what I pay here in the Seattle area. Right now we're at about $3.39/gal. for regular unleaded. I'm thinking a vehicle of some sort would be worth buying. Many people seem to have small sedans like Toyota or Hyundai. I may need to move a trailer so I'm thinking a Jeep might be better for my uses but hopefully I'll only use it sparingly.
    Just my 2 pesos worth.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.