Dumaguete Info Search

Privatizing the VA

Discussion in 'Military and Veterans' started by Rye83, Jul 11, 2017.

1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Thank the "Bone Spurs Billionaire" for this one. lol (Awesome comment section on this one.)

Yup.....smh

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. fatrick

fatrick DI New Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Marines

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    The UI benefit reduction proposal from May was officially sh*t canned already.

I am not sure how much I agree with the Choice Program to start with. Some Vets absolutely need a program like that do to medical/mobility issues. Moving the $3 billion/year to choice instead of fixing current VA facilities and staffing issues by definition does not fix those issues. Going 'downtown' to the doctor is convenient but having to teach 'civilian' doctors about Veteran specific issues is continual starting from square one. Hope this makes sense, I am skipping things so I don't end up writing a book, a trap I fall into a lot recently.

4. OP
    OP
    Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Wow. That must have been the quickest Congress has done anything. The article was only a month old. Veterans must have laid it on them thick to get that quick of an action.

Handing it over to for-profit organizations is a politicians dream (Dem or Rep). They'd be getting amazing kickbacks from that. Note: Democrats started the Choice Program, Republicans are trying to beef it up now. I wonder why. :greedy::greedy::greedy::meh: