Dumaguete Info Search

Problem loading pictures

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements & User Feedback' started by PatO, Sep 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    I have 4 pictures of my private pedicab I would like to share but having trouble loading. Thanks

2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    What happens when you try to load it?

Make sure the dimensions are less than 800x800. There is a size limit as well but I don't know that off the top of my head. If you keep it under 800x800 you shouldn't hit the KB limit....unless you took the pictures with a very nice camera at the highest resolution settings.

Capn' loads from Afghanistan
    View attachment 11776

Attached Files:

3. OP
    OP
    PatO

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    Not sure of the size. I took the pictures from an iPhone and cropped as much as possible, nothing happens when I try and upload.

4. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Does the problem happen when you hit the upload button (it acts like it loads and the pop-up goes away but then nothing shows up in the text field) or can you not even get to the pop up to load?

If you are Windows or Linux you can right click on the image and go to properties to see the image size. I don't know about Mac/Apple products.

Both dimensions (height and width) need to be under 800 pixels. Cropping doesn't necessarily mean that you reduced the pixel count.Maybe someone else can try uploading a picture.

5. OP
    OP
    PatO

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    Okay, thanks, pictures too large, Thanks
    If anyone is interested in seeing the pictures of my private pedicab, I can give you my Facebook

6. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Picture upload OK here.Not OK here either.

Monster and pack. View attachment 11777

This is what we get. just JPG It comes out as an external Link. Not an Attachment.

Attached Files:

7. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Some do, some don't. I haven't figured out why yet.

PatO: It's pretty easy to resize them. I don't know what program comes stock on windows to do that with but they should have something.

8. tomtorific

tomtorific DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 30
    I use PAINT. It's quick & easy. 1. Right click on pic 2.Choose edit 3. Home Tab/resize 4.Choose # of pixels 5. Save as(rename it).

If you have the file named ex:Monsters, just rename it Monster1. Than both sizes are saved.

• Like Like x 1
  9. ShawnM

ShawnM DI Forum Patron ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Senior Construction Manager
    Ratings:
    +1,752 / 218
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Any pictures I take, either by iPhone, digital camera or iPad I open on my computer and resize to 25% and normally do not have problems uploading up to 10 pics.

Shawn

10. tomtorific

tomtorific DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 30
    PAINT allows you to either resize by % or pixel. I usually only resize by pixel being smaller that 800X800 for posting here. Not sure if it affects the quality per se. Your pics always look gr8 Shawn.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.