Dumaguete Info Search

Problem with laptop

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by Wildcat, Jun 18, 2016.

1. Wildcat

Wildcat DI Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Retired
    Ratings:
    +90 / 4
    I have a problem with my laptop that i hope someone can help me with. A simple problem i hope. To play games or to watch movies I have to keep the cursor moving or it goes into pause. Anyone ever had this problem and if you did what did you do to remedy it? Thanks in advance

2. ChMacQueen

ChMacQueen DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,386 / 173
    Never heard of that problem specifically.

Is the mouse the built in touchpad or a seperate USB mouse?
    If its a USB mouse does the touchpad work still when the other mouse freezes?
    If its a touchpad did you try a USB mouse?
    Does it happen when just watching a movie or playing a game or can it happen just on a web browser or just on the windows screen?

I'd make sure that its effecting both touchpad and usb mouse first. Try different usb slots or a different mouse. Check windows drivers to make sure up to date for your mouse if its a special mouse at all. You can also uninstall/remove the mouse default driver in windows and then reinstall it after a restart as well.

Beyond that I'd be saying you need to take it to a tech.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Billybob

Billybob DI Junior Member Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Ratings:
    +37 / 8
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Check your sleep settings. Go to control panel then power settings. You should have sleep and hibernate settings. Increase the times for these. Also check your screensaver time as it may be causing this.

4. OP
    OP
    Wildcat

Retired
    Ratings:
    +90 / 4
    Looks like i have to take it to a tech. Tried what you suggested. Nothing changes. I then went into firefox and did a search and they recommended downloading their beta version and that didn't work either. Looks as if a lot of people have had a problem using firefox but their suggestion didn't do it. Thanks for your suggestions

5. OP
    OP
    Wildcat

Retired
    Ratings:
    +90 / 4
    I went in and changed all of these to a different setting and it didn't solve my problem. Thank you for your help.

6. OP
    OP
    Wildcat

Retired
    Ratings:
    +90 / 4
    OK everyone here is an update on my problem just in case anyone else runs into this problem. After many times doing many things i got away from Firefox and tried google chrome. Problem solved. I despise the internet sometimes but where would we be without it in these times?

7. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    If you want to stick with Firefox you can try to update it by clicking the question mark icon here:
    Screenshot (514).png

And then look for the update button here:
    Screenshot (515).png

(Mine started updating as soon as the pop-up showed.)

You could also try uninstalling Firefox and then doing a clean install by downloading the browser here: Firefox Help

Could possibly be an outdated flash player since most browser based games and video players rely on that. You could try updating your flash player here: Adobe Flash Player Install for all versions
    (Not sure if that would be the issue since the games are working in your other browser.)

8. OP
    OP
    Wildcat

Retired
    Ratings:
    +90 / 4
    Thanks. I will try later on and let you know. But i already downloaded the latest version way before I had these problems. Never have tried updating the flash player in this way that you say though