Dumaguete Info Search

Project MDDC

Discussion in 'Banking - Investing - Finances' started by charlesh, Nov 24, 2015.

1. charlesh

charlesh DI New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 1
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I am heading up a project called Project MDDC. Please be patient with me because I'm not sure if I am in the right location on this forum.

It is a local news topic.

Project MDDC stands for Medical Devices in Developing Countries.

The premise of the project is quite simple, we will prove that a low cost high technology solution, in a developing country, can have a significantly positive impact on the healthcare of the local patients as well as the workload of the local medical staff.

This project involves a pilot study I will be conducting at the Negros Oriental Provincial Hospital. The study will involve work measurement and time study of current healthcare professionals in the facility. A new, state of the art, wireless nurse call system will be installed. The staff will be trained and become very familiar with using it. Then, a subsequent work measurement and time study will be conducted to quantify the improvement in healthcare of the patient and the productivity of the healthcare professionals.

The tactical goal is to improve local healthcare and nurse productivity at the Negros Oriental Provincial Hospital. The strategic goal will be to obtain funding for a large-scale installation throughout the Philippine Islands. Funding will be much easier to obtain with hard data to back up the proposition.

The pilot study is completely self-funded. We are currently trying to raise the capital for this project. We have set up a crowdrise fundraising site here:

http://www.crowdrise.com/projectmddc/fundraiser/charleshagen/

and a Facebook page here:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/projectmddc/

If you want to help out you can donate here. The nurse call system that I am installing is one that has been installed here in the United States in thousands of locations. I own my own corporation and I have already invested approximately $5000 into this project. Help if you can. We hope to get this project underway in the middle of February 2016. By this time, the new hospital in Negros Oriental will have been completed. However the new hospital will not have a nurse call system.

Some of you asked "Why it is so important to have a nurse call system?"

It is important because currently, to call nurses to the patient, runners are employed. The last contagious outbreak of typhoid showed that this option also facilitated the spread of the disease.

Runners spread disease, nurse call systems do not.

Help if you can, but either way, wish me luck. It's quite an endeavor.

2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    There really isn't a dedicated section on the forum for crowd-funding, investments or charity type of posts. It's kind of a gray area in the forum rules: it's not exactly advertising or spam....but I don't want people to think that DI is affiliated with any type of crowd-funding or charities that we are not. I'll let this one stand for now and will move it to the appropriate place....once I figure out where that place will be.

While I figure all that out how about giving a proper introduction so people can know more about the guy asking for donations? :wink:

• Like Like x 2
  3. Michael. B

Michael. B DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +194 / 12
    Such a system is not required here as hospitals here operate totally different as to those in the USA. Most patients here already have a wireless call system its called the friend who stays by the bed 24/7.

4. TheDude

TheDude DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +1,465 / 822
    Good luck. If it works for the nurses, then you could probably install this thing in like 90% of the businesses here. Perhaps that would eliminate the need for me to keep asking "does anyone work here?"

Keep us posted, this is an interesting project. Most foreigners would just take their 5K and open yet another resto-bar. :wink:

Wrye83 I think it would be good to showcase interesting projects like this. The project is far outside the norm for the typical foreigner here. I don't think you would have issues with being associated with backing the idea since the funding is handled by another site.

• Like Like x 1
  5. DaveD

DaveD DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +1,041 / 129
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Funny :hilarious: and true! :bucktooth:

6. Monty44

Monty44 DI Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 9
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I am for anything that empowers the nurses more than watching TV!!

Edited by Administrator to remove all caps.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2015
  7. Crystalhead

Crystalhead ADMIN Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★★ Forum Sponsor ★★ ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired
    Ratings:
    +1,977 / 1,087
    Definitely not your common first post. Nice of the forum to allow it. Good luck Charles.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2015
  8. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Yep, which is why I posted this thread/poll asking members what they thought about this type of stuff being allowed on the forum in the future. Let me know what you think in the poll or in a post there. :wink:

9. OP
    OP
    charlesh

charlesh DI New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 1
    Blood Type:
    O+
    OK, thanks. I am Charles Hagen. I live in Wisconsin and am a Disabled American Veteran who is the Father of 5 and a business owner. I just went back to school to finish my Master's Degree in Business Administration with a concentration in Project Management.

I am trying to get a grant for 20 nurse call systems to be deployed throughout the provinces of the Philippines. I am the head of Project MDDC which is a study project to prove that a low cost, high tech solution like a wireless nurse call system can have a significantly positive impact on developing country healthcare.

If you have any questions, let me know. Sorry I have been away but I was buried in school work. I managed to get a 4.0 (which was like pulling teeth with plyers).

PLEASE contact me with ANY questions.

• Like Like x 1