Dumaguete Info Search

Public Urine Nation

Discussion in '☋ Expat Section ☋' started by ViperACR, Dec 16, 2009.

1. ViperACR

ViperACR DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This urinating in public thing is getting out of hand. I’ve been coming to Dgte since 1999 and there’s more public urinating going on than before, not less.

Just today, I look out the door of McDonalds and some woman’s squatting down next to a 3 yo kid between the tables outside letting him pee right there where people eat!

F-ing disgusting.

This wasn’t some ignorant woman either. What the hell’s wrong with teaching a kid here to let someone know in advance so they can be led to a CR?

Kids peeing at Dream Park and Sea Forest as well, like anywhere and everywhere is just fine.

I’m pretty much fed up with the urinating on the boulevard too. Same thing, kids just peeing where ever they want. Maybe it’s time for me to do the same? If I have to look at your kid’s penis, then it seems like me whipping it out in front of everyone is acceptable too right?

There is an ordinance against public peeing, that carries a p200 fine, but who cares about laws right?

It takes more to rise above 3rd world status than internet cafes and cell phones.. I’ve had dogs and cats that signaled me when they had to pee.

- That's where unnecessary public urination falls, below the level of a trained house pet...

Congrats

2. jellyfish

jellyfish DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    Viper, I guess you are a foreigner like me.
    I'm also not amused by the many places where people pee 'in the wild'.
    If I see someone peeing, I can't get angry. Sometimes there is a high need :smile:
    I know that from myself and of course you try to find a hidden place.
    Walking near to the Ceres Liner Terminal is for me the worse, regarding the smell of fresh peoples urine. I have to close my nose not to get dizzy :D
    But...it's imho not to us to condemn the parents here for doing this (what you did describe) with their children.
    I remember very well (and I try to be honest in that) that when I was a child me and others did the same thing once in a while.
    Then nobody was getting angry on you when doing that.
    Now you get a fine in my home country when the police see you doing it.
    Do we have the right to react like this ??
    quote:
    .......... kids just peeing where ever they want. Maybe it’s time for me to do the same? If I have to look at your kid’s penis, then it seems like me whipping it out in front of everyone is acceptable too right?
    unquote:
    Also your country has had that same period. I'm pretty sure.
    It will take some time also here for change.
    My opinion only.

3. garbonzo

garbonzo DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Retired
    Ratings:
    +68 / 1
    Must be a Dumaguete thing.....Never seen it happen blatantly in front of people on a business premises in Bacolod. Usually parents there have the sense to take them around the corner to an alleyway for 'emergencies' - or in parking lots. But the shortage/non-existence of public CR's across the country is a big factor I'm sure. Of course, even if they existed, what state would they be in....It's an issue most of the world has to deal with....Try India...it'll test your ability to control vomit....

4. KTM

KTM DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +204 / 69
    Not just a Dumaguete thing, prevalent all over the Philippines, as for Bacolod, try going around the reclamation area or Goldenfields sometime. Must be some type of countrywide "macho" male thing, bit like doggies I think. Don't see too many women pulling up their dresses "willy nilly" and squatting in public, does one?:rolleyes:

5. mrbee

mrbee DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    No public toilets..not that you'd want to go in one...perhaps the new Robinsons will have some nice ones....until ,the usual thing,nobody cares.

6. Rarity54f

Rarity54f DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    This is one thing that many people need to learn here, especially men who, many times just unload their urine anywhere--as in anywhere--right in the highway where a lot of people pass. It is disgusting to see some of them feeling like people want to see them doing this. Ugh...By the way, sometimes there are public toilets that charge you for whatever business you want---Php 1.00 for peeing and Php 2.00 for the other business. Others have higher rates. So those who cannot afford to use the comfort rooms just choose "anywhere".

7. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
    Now that's a pay as you go plan if I ever heard of one! :D

8. Pedro

Pedro DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Navy

Programmer, Photographer and Web Developer
    Ratings:
    +73 / 5
    Very true, from the ones I have been in it actually seems more sanitary to use the outdoors so I cannot blame them for that.

9. Rarity54f

Rarity54f DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    There are public toilets in certain places only, like in the public market, but one has to pay for its maintenance. The fee is only Php 1 for those who pee and Php for those who "deposit".

10. KTM

KTM DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +204 / 69
    Yes, I suppose so, in the same way I would have sympathised with Neanderthals who never had any toilets at all.:eek:
    Yes Sirree! Obviously mankind in this country at least, has come a long way from their times eh?!:D
    Oh and personal health and hygene are top of the list of priorities too I guess, of course.