Dumaguete Info Search

Visa Question Questions about visa choices

Discussion in 'Passports and Visas' started by Larry_H, Dec 20, 2013.

1. Larry_H

Larry_H DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Can anyone help answer some questions???

Such as:

Balikbayan visa : Issued at port of arrival if spouse is with me and we have been gone for more than one year (Yes , we have)....questions?

Since this is a one year visa without extension, is a ACR Card issued at 60 days of stay?

Once this visa expires, do WE (wife and I) need to be gone for a year to get another one?

Is the ACR card even part of the equation for this visa?

Can you get an ACR card if you want one if you are there with this type of visa?

After the one year and it expires, can I get a tourist visa and start the 16 month clock without having to leave the country?

------

I can't find my Philippine D/L. Can I get a new one without an ACR Card in Duma? My stateside D/L is long expired.

Thanks guys!:D

2. Ten Twenty Lenny

Ten Twenty Lenny DI Member

Ratings:
    +109 / 3
    First question YES
    2nd Yes....Not sure if this is mandatory I think at your discretion
    3rd No just leave country and return ...But you will have to obtain an exit clearance from Immigration if in Dumaquete you need to go to Cebu for it
    4th..you should have one ...The cost is about 2500P
    5th Yes
    6th ...YES I did this you will have to renew your ACR Card also good for only 1 year at a time

3. OP
    OP
    Larry_H

Larry_H DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    How about Driver's License. Do you need an ACR card to get a D/L in Duma?

4. ex231

ex231 DI Member

Ratings:
    +124 / 28
    I didn't a couple of months ago. I can't remember if they looked at my US dl or not. For the medical they told me my BP was 120/80 (it never is) and they put on my license that I had to wear corrective lenses .. although they never tested my vision. You gotta love this place.

5. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Pretty much the same as the drugs test. I followed my pot of pee from when I left it at the window,it went into a cardboard box and as I was about to leave the girl tipped all the pots out washed them out,took labels off ready for the next day :smile: never was tested for anything and I have 20/20 vision and blood pressure 120/80. I don't think so!