Dumaguete Info Search

Quota Visa.

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by Guy, Nov 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guy

Guy DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    If anyone wants/needs a permanent visa for the Philippines, I can put you onto a 'genuine' person in Manila. You will not get ripped off. When I got mine earlier this year, it cost me US$5000 which included the icard, and it is all arranged within one week. You pay the money directly to the immigration department, not the middleman. You pay this person 5000 pesos for submitting the paperwork for you.
    Contact me if you want the contact e-mail address. I don't want anything!

Phil.

2. OnMyWay

OnMyWay DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 1
    i'm ignorant in this matter but the cost of the visa was $5000 US dollars? An I-card is $50. That leaves $4950 left and would sure like to see the Official Receipt breakdown of charges on that $4950.

I gotta be missing something??

3. Firefly44

Firefly44 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +71 / 4
    Permanent Visa. ???? There must be a name for this one ?? ( can I smell a mouse)

Take care all.

4. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    Oh! Oh!

:eek: I think I will stay out of this one :confused:

Jack P.:rolleyes:

5. Firefly44

Firefly44 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +71 / 4
  6. Firefly44

Firefly44 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +71 / 4
    Whoops. Just had a look here on this forum using search. More Quota Visa info.
    Sorry all.

7. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Knowing that another person in Dumaguete is offering it for 160k I wonder where the difference goes.

Anyway, no quota anymore in 2010.

8. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,532 / 1,016
    I paid p260,000 for my permanent visa (I am from the U.S.) last year. For those interested, the way the 'system' works is as follows:
    Only 50 visas for US citizens are allocated each year.
    They are issued the 2nd week of January.
    You have to begin the application in Nov. and pay in Dec.
    To get in the queue and a priority, you pretty much have to have a contact at the immigration office IO).
    There are three commissioners and each have x amount of visas to 'auction' off.
    Some are held back for later in the year and 'auctioned' at a higher price when only a few are left.
    The contact you use at the IO will help you through the process and no waiting in lines.
    You have to get a minor physical and urine test at their selected clinic.
    I don't remember all the paperwork you have to show, but it is a lot.
    You have to show a bank statement indicating you have deposited at least $40,000 into a Philippines bank.
    You have to leave your passport at the IO for 2-4 weeks depending when you process.
    In January you will receive your passport back with the stamped visa and a legal document indicating you have the visa.
    Many people received a cut of the p260,000 I paid, but I don't care.

The alternative is a Philippines Retirement visa which you can find the process on the internet.

9. OP
    OP
    Guy

Guy DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Quota visa.

PatO,
    Like I said in my original message, through my contact, it took only one week for me to get my Quota visa, no medical, no leaving of passport at the department, no deposit of any kind into any bank, and I paid US$5000 for the visa and icard, and I gave 5000 pesos to my contact. The only paperwork I gave to my contact was my passport, (obviously), and six passport size photographs, my contact did the rest with her relatives at the department. You have to go through the process of finger printing, eye scanning, picture taking ect! for the icard. So I spent one week in Manila at the end of which I had my visa and icard.
    If I remember correctly, a Quota visa does not require depositing any money with a bank, that is for a retirement visa, or other visa's.
    The Quota visa was introduced to try and stop foreigners from convenience marriages with Philippino's.

10. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,532 / 1,016
    Guy, your process was less arduous than mine, for sure. I had to show bank statements, marriage certificate, etc. Was yours a U.S. visa?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.