Dumaguete Info Search

Rack of Lamb

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by PatO, Jan 18, 2022.

1. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,530 / 1,016
    I mistakenly bought a frozen rack of lamb from Belcris, thought I was buying ribs. Neither wife or I have ever looked lamb. From what I researched you sear it first then run olive oil, garlic, rosemary, thyme, and mustard then cook in oven at 450 degrees.

Ang suggestions?

2. Best Answer:
    Post #7 by Show Pony, Jan 19, 2022 (4 points)
  3. Show Pony

Show Pony DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +2,361 / 1,256
    Yes. I suggest the US beef tenderloin at just over 1000 pesos a kilo.
    US ribeye can be anything from fantastic to WT* is this(?) so I don't buy that anymore.

I usually buy the tenderloin and have them cut it about 1 1/2" (40 mm) it cooks up very nicely. They have an assortment of steak seasoning which really add to the flavour.

• Like Like x 1
  4. MikeP64

MikeP64 DI Forum Adept Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +246 / 138
    I did some on my grille last year. Rubbed them down with mustard, seasoned with salt and pepper. I minced parsley, sage and rosemary, adding them to a Planko bread crumb mix, then coated the rack with it.

450f for 20 minutes, fat side down. Turn it over and cook another 10. If you use a probe, the internal temp should be 150-160f.

5. LENNY

LENNY DI Forum Adept Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +166 / 17
    How tender is their Tenderloin??,, do not want tough

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Dutchie

Dutchie DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,740 / 123
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Does anyone know the English word for the lean beef that needs to cook for 3 to 4 hours?
    What I mean is called sucadelap in Dutch, Schulterfilet in German, not sure about the english, maybe chuck?
    And does anyone know if you can get it here?

7. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    It is Blade Beef used mainly for stewing so when shopping one would ask for Blade :thumbsup: I guess you may find it in the Market where they actually butcher meat:thumbsup:

It's a lean cut of meat from the shoulder. In practice, almost any kind of lean beef will do, and if it's marbled a little then fine.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Show Pony

Show Pony DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +2,361 / 1,256
    Best Answer
    In my opinion it's fairly tender. What I consider tough is when I get tired of chewing before my rib eye is finished.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Crystalhead

Crystalhead ADMIN Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★★ Forum Sponsor ★★ ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired
    Ratings:
    +1,975 / 1,085
    My Wife would take that rack of Lamb and cut the rack in to portions between the bone. Marinate it in Teriyaki sauce and corn syrup for 24 hours and than BBQ it 3minutes one side,,,flip.....3minutes other side....repeat another time and serve. It is her recipe after cooking Duck that way for so many years!

10. Crystalhead

Crystalhead ADMIN Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★★ Forum Sponsor ★★ ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired
    Ratings:
    +1,975 / 1,085
    Not really sure but I think the word is "Bubble-Gum"

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Dutchie

Dutchie DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,740 / 123
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Funny, but also very wrong. After cooking for 3 to 4 hours, the meat will almost fall apart on your plate, so hardly any chewing required lol.