Dumaguete Info Search

Health & Wellness Radiation Treatment

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by PatO, May 25, 2023.

1. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    A close friend of mine and former work colleague in the US, age 71, is getting beamed radiation treatment (radiotherapy) for early stages of prostate cancer. Has anyone heard if that treatment is available here?
    Tough subject, but as we survive and age, the greater the risk of developing prostate cancer. It is what it is.

2. Crystalhead

Crystalhead ADMIN Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★★ Forum Sponsor ★★ ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired
    Ratings:
    +1,991 / 1,090
    Contact Makati Hospital for the nearest location available.
    https://www.makatimed.net.ph/service/radiation-oncology/
    As of 2016 there has been radiation treatments in the following Cities or areas- Clearly since than there are many more.
    Southern Philippines Medical Center (Davao City), Cagayan Valley Medical Center (Tuguegarao City, Cagayan), Baguio General Hospital and Medical Center, Bicol Medical Center (Naga City, Camarines Sur), Zamboanga City Medical Center, Lung Center of the Philippines (Quezon City), and Vicente Sotto Memorial Medical Center (Cebu City).

For information purposes (Prostate Cancer) https://www.cancer.net/cancer-types/prostate-cancer/types-treatment

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    Last edited: May 25, 2023
  3. garbonzo

garbonzo DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Retired
    Ratings:
    +68 / 1
    My grandfather died of it in California. My father died in El Paso.....after a 12 year battle......he was military career and gave the cancer the middle finger - but it got him in the end. He had it all - surgery a couple times and the radiation..(apparently chemo was not an option for some reason)..but it was a tough battle - and cancer won in the end. I do get the test every year....

A lot of doctors are oddly blasé about prostrate cancer - thinking you'll die of something else.....

But maybe you won't.

• Like Like x 2