Dumaguete Info Search

Rash of Robberies/Murder in Mangnao

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by derivative_guru, Jul 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. derivative_guru

derivative_guru DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 1
    2 nights ago an elderly maid was murdered in a robbery in Mangnao (a few hundred meters before El Oriente Beach Resort off Sto. Nino-Canal Rd). The robbers feed/drugged the dogs, then entered, stole jewelery and smaller items and killed the maid.

Then, last night, a rash of robberies occurred just one block over (same street as Max's (Austrian) Dive/Lodge. Several places in a row were hit. Apparently using gas to keep the victims sleeping. They focused on stealing smaller items...cell phones, jewelery, laptops, etc.

I post this to warn DI board members of this apparent gang of likely drug addicts and to share the information as I know it is sometimes hard to come by here.

Has anyone heard of these types of problems in other parts of the city recently?

2. firefly

firefly DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 1
    About one year ago there where several robbery's (and killings) in Sac-Sac.
    The robbers however where looking for easy targets, that means a house without high fence or steelbars protecting windows. And mostly houses that where isolated or without neighbours in the direct vicinity.

3. babylove

babylove DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I haven't heard about this yet and it didn't quite surprise me. This is yet another taint to our image as a city of gentle people. Thanks for this warning as I have close relatives who live around Mangnao. Killing is a common occurence in our city which we perceive as normal as the authorities don't make a big fuss about it. There was a time when drug pushers were haunted and killled one by one and it was like a celebration to some. Okay, it was a good riddance but we are creating a culture where the young can perceive that it is okay to kill for a good cause. Isn't that the reason why death penalty was put into law? So that those hopeless criminals who are justly sentenced as such will be persecuted by the right authorities and not but just anyone who think they have the right reason to do so. I am not making a strong point here but I just want to contribute to everyone's consciousness that our standard is deteriorating. Going back to the crime that happened 2nights ago, let's just be proactive in our own way by securing the locks to our doors and taking precautionary measures so that we will not entice more robberies and killings.

4. OP
    OP
    derivative_guru

derivative_guru DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 1
    My understanding now is that their was a second murder...occurred yesterday afternoon. They killed the homeowner's elderly mother in another robbery.

It surprises me that these things go unreported and relatively unnoticed.

5. bikerdave

bikerdave DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 1
    Thats whyb we have dogs, Huge dogs

6. rechel

rechel DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    i know a couple.....filipina and foreigner really hates dog,,, but after the Robberies,,, happen in there huge house..
    they force to have dogs... and 2 security guard as well in there place...
    its sad.. :(things like this are happening.. in the place of gentle people...
    GENTLE PEOPLE?????:confused:

7. bikerdave

bikerdave DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 1
    Thats whyb we rarely feed our dogs. They just eat the intruders and salesmen LOL

8. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    I feel really sorry for their dogs!

Larry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.