Dumaguete Info Search

Trades & Labor Rattan furniture maker?

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by mokum, Apr 9, 2015.

1. mokum

mokum DI Senior Member

retired
    Ratings:
    +574 / 136
    Doe's anyone knows and/or can recommend a rattan furniture maker other than the two shops on the North road? I had a very bad experience with one of them but after a 8 week struggle was lucky enough to get the order canceled and my deposit refunded thanks to interference of the DTI.

2. Best Answer:
    Post #2 by DavyL200, Apr 9, 2015 (5 points)
  3. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Best Answer
    There is a place half way between bacong and dauin that makes rattan stuff. We used to use ate Emma on North side of town on right side heading of town, we never had any problems with her and always delivered when supposed to.

4. OP
    OP
    mokum

mokum DI Senior Member

retired
    Ratings:
    +574 / 136
    Thanks Dave , will check the one dauin way. I talked to Emma too, she seems to be allright, it's the other one I had the trouble with.

5. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    I have known other who have had problems with the other one, some people waiting around 6 months for delivery amongst other probs. the place toward dauin has a bamboo tower cottage out front.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. denpet

denpet DI Senior Member Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Ratings:
    +351 / 96
    Blood Type:
    O+
    We have had very good experiences with one of them. A friend had a very bad experience with the other. He then went to the same as us and was happy.
    I guess you went to the wrong one. The bad one has a sign above the door that the establishment has been closed by a city ordinance.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. sandycreekg

sandycreekg DI Member Showcase Reviewer

retired
    Ratings:
    +167 / 14
    has anyone had experience with the bamboo furniture guy in Dumaguete.......south west of the public market......on a big lot in the city there.........??