Dumaguete Info Search

Food & Grocery RC Cola in Dgte?

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by Gabrielle_K, May 7, 2017.

1. Gabrielle_K

Gabrielle_K DI Forum Adept Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +198 / 39
    Can you buy it in town anywhere? They sell it 80km away in the province..

2. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    I see the rc cola truck delivering to the sari stores around bacong area most weeks.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Gabrielle_K

Gabrielle_K DI Forum Adept Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +198 / 39
    Well they don't have any Valencia. If we get down Bacong way we'll ask around

4. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    I saw rc cola in paddys today,its just past the petron station on left side before the turning to valencia.

5. AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Marines

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I saw RC Cola in my grandparent's downstairs refrigerator in 1972.... oh, that might be a bit off topic and definitely not helpful LOL

• Funny Funny x 5
  6. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    My grandparents had it in their ref in the 1990's. :wink: Seems there is something about old people liking RC cola....surprising that it isn't the official expat drink in Dumaguete. :biggrin:

• Funny Funny x 6
  7. Bdawg

Bdawg DI Member

Central Supply Technician.
    Ratings:
    +40 / 5
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    I saw RC cola near the Tanjay public market, kind of was craving one after I saw it, but didn't get it, had my hands full of meat and veggies.

8. Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I do not understand? In Australia people only bought RC Cola (because it was CHEAP) if they could not afford REAL Cola... :o o:

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    RC (Royal Crown) Products are fairly widely Available in and Around the City and other area's. As to cheap, well I don't know but "COLA" is Cola, "Pepsi" and "Coke" are just Brand names as RC is. Yes! there is a distinct Difference but for the answer to the Thread 'RC' is available at certain Outlets, just have to keep your eyes peeled for the Signs. I am not keen on any Cola but I do like RC Orange
    Just my 10 cents on this

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    It's just personal preference. I always preferred the "Sam's Choice" Wal-Mart generic brand drinks over Coke and Pepsi. Also worth noting that almost every brand is going to taste a bit different in different regions to meet local taste preferences. RC cola in the Philippines is probably not going to taste like RC cola in the US....and RC cola in the US is probably not going to taste like RC cola in Australia or the UK.

Side note: Soft drinks made in Afghanistan and the Middle East is so carbonated/acidic that with just one sip you will think that it is going to burn a hole in your throat/stomach. The taste and feel of the soft drinks here actually reflects how healthy it is for your body. Certainly not hard to limit your intake of soda here. Water please.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1