Dumaguete Info Search

Real Estate agent?

Discussion in '☋ Expat Section ☋' started by Alice, Jun 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alice

Alice DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'll be traveling to Duma and have a day or two to explore the city and look around. We are considering a move to the area and I want to check out housing that would be appropriate for our family before we make our final decisions on the move.

My question is, can anyone recommend a good real estate agent or person that I can contact in advance to help me narrow the search so that I can spend time seeing JUST the places that we might consider?

I have been to a few websites and read some of the recommendations here, but it's all very difficult to decipher whiteout being there. Since time is short, I think if I can contact our needs directly with one person, that might make the limited time I'll have while there more productive.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

2. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    Alice, those of us who tried the initial real estate agent approach were mostly disappointed with the results. My suggestion: post what you are looking for in terms of price, lot size, house size, desired location, school requirements, and I bet you get a lot of help from experienced forum members. Best of luck to you, use the forum to help you.

3. SurfinUSA

SurfinUSA DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    You're going to move here after just a day or two of looking around?

Not a good idea..

4. Broadside

Broadside DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    Why not read the OP's post a bit more accurately ? They are not moving here after just two days. They are considering a move here and are going to spend two days looking around, but have not made any decisions yet. They simply asked for some help and advice.Why pour cold water on everything. Have you ever been anywhere or done anything that meets with your exacting standards, without actually picking holes and finding fault ?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Pedro

Pedro DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Navy

Programmer, Photographer and Web Developer
    Ratings:
    +73 / 5
    The real estate agents at island properties are very good at providing transportation and showing you as many properties you want to see but only the properties that are listed on island properties. It may be a good place to start. There are a few local agents but unfortunatly the one we personally knew has passed away.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.