Dumaguete Info Search

Food & Grocery Real Fresh Milk

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by SteveB, Jul 25, 2011.

1. SteveB

SteveB DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    After drinking boxed, sterilized milk for my first two years here, cursing about the burnt taste of the milk, I finally found that they do produce and sell real, pasteurized, homogenized, fresh milk here in Dumaguete... and it tastes good! It is only a small dairy that doesn't do hardly any advertising but I ran into them at Robinson's during the DTI Exposition recently and now buy their products regularly. Dig around long enough and you can find just about anything here .... well that would be exaggerating, but I am happy to have some real milk now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Broadside

Broadside DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    Dead right Steve. It is available. This sounds like the same guy that drives along the Boulevard in the afternoon. It's a small private dairy (forget the name but I'll find out). The milk is fresh daily, the butter is the best anywhere, and they have just started doing their own youghurt. He makes a regular stop at Casablanca and Whynot. He will sell from the stock that he carries on the van and if he hasn't got it then you can order it and he will deliver the next day. It's a good service and an excellent product.

Roger

• Like Like x 1
  3. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    I've been getting it for two+ years, and have posted here on the forum about it in the past. It can be had at most any time from the department of agriculture, near provincial hospital. They also have mozzerella cheese.

Larry

4. KanoScott

KanoScott DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Does he sell low or non-fat milk and yogurt?

• Like Like x 1
  5. permres

permres DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    I have been getting the Norient dairy plant milk delivered to my home for quite some time. It can be bought at Lee Plaza supermarket, too, but that was not convenient for me. LOVE the REAL milk!! I believe they also have ricotta cheese available at times, too. The chocolate and strawberry milk is great and the ube is also loved by some members in our household (not me). I was pleasantly surprised how yummy the melon flavored milk, is too. Roger, do they have flavored yogurts or is it just plain?

6. PangitPilot

PangitPilot DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    Yep, they have Low Fat Milk. is right, the flavored milk is just great.

Generally they will deliver to your house if your not too far away, just stop by and see them. Turn right just before the Provincial Hospital when heading north, down the end on the left.

I generally check when the processing batches are done and turn up on the next day after a batch has been done.

Keep it under 4 degrees C (watch the time you have it in the car or bike) and it will last several days if you can keep the kids away from it :D

Really nice people in there and you can see the processing equipment. I understand it is one of the mini plants. I think they are made in India, but not sure

Cheers

7. paranaya

paranaya One Hit Wonder?

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi,
    I've finally found today dept of agriculture and bought fresh milk and yogurt.
    Can anyone help me to find fresh eggs, chicken (from farmers, not from shops) and goat milk?
    Really need it, but have no idea where to start my search.

8. KTM

KTM DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +204 / 69
    Goat milk no, fresh eggs: - Chris Coverdale in Bacong, his chickens produce a few thousand everyday, ask at Roadhouse restobar on the south road(Nat Hi way) for contact details, he may even deliver if you need alot.

9. Mikala

Mikala DI Member Blood Donor Veteran Navy

Nuclear Engineer
    Ratings:
    +144 / 3
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I found Norient milk quite easily at Robinsons supermarket, as well as Hypermarket. Now just need to find some plain yogurt. Is that available from Norient?

10. Charlie

Charlie DI Senior Member Restricted Account Veteran Coast Guard

Ratings:
    +417 / 128
    They used to have plain yogurt, haven't been there lately. Google Norient milk and they will show some products. Best to just visit where they make it and have a retail store, not sure the web site would be up-to-date product wise.. On the north highway near the provincial veterinary office and just south of the provincial hospital, same side of the highway. Just a hundred meters or so up that driveway.
    The deli portion of Why-Not usually has goat plain yogurt.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1