Dumaguete Info Search

Recommendations for flat-screen tee-vee.

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by Manzanita, Feb 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Manzanita

Manzanita DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    I've finally decided to break down and score a newfangled TV set and DVD player for the family.

Can anybody recommend a brand or model or type available here that they may have had good luck with?

Thanks in advance.

M

2. firefly

firefly DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 1
    A Panasonic 32" LCD TH-L32C22X for 18,500 pesos at PO's Marketing

3. Ebie57

Ebie57 DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Check with Robinson's Appliance Center. We bought our 42" Philips Flat Screen TV there, so far we're happy/pleased w/ it.

FYI ... I hate doing bus. w/ POS. Most of there products its not worth to buy ...."Made in China".

4. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    ... and you think in a chinese owned mall you get anything different, just because it is a mall and a fancier layout ?

5. firefly

firefly DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 1
    The Panasonic 32" LCD TH-L32C22X is made in Malaysia.
    You have brand,size,type and price where you can buy.
    Feel free to compare,brand,size,type, price and place where you can buy better,cheaper and nearer to your house to buy.
    And don't forget to look on the carton for country of production.

6. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    the "made in" does not say anything. It depends on the countries law what it means. it can mean the country of assembly or manufacturing or whatever.

years ago most Adidas sport-shoes were made in Sri Lanka. in Germany they got the Adidas logo and the whole product was then "made in Germany"

or the Volkswagen Beetle, made in Germany... at least if you can count Mexico to Germany

7. clear copy

clear copy DI Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Unitop offers great Chinese brands such s SUNY, SAMSONG, PHELPS and TOSHBA.

8. firefly

firefly DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 1
    And i still forgot to say that the Panasonic 32" LCD TH-L32C22X consumes 78 W/h and 0,7 W on standby according to the manual and last but not least a 30 W big sound to make your neighbours happy.

9. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Anyway, it is a interesting thread, I play with the thought of a Chinese 40-inch LED TV for less than 30k just to try. The movies I checked were brilliant crisp.

With FF's Panasonic you can't do any mistakes. I also can recommend the Sony Bravia series.

Your decision also depends if you buy it for the family to watch local soaps and gameshows or to enjoy "real" movies, concerts etc.

Take your favorite original DVD to the shop to check the quality. Don't rely on that special produced trailer they show in the shops. A good Rock show with a lot of fast light-changes and fast movements gives you a good opportunity to see the quality of the screen and the sound. Many LCD screens have a horrible "glowing" black which can be annoying with the time.

10. firefly

firefly DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 1
    Most electronic stores have cable now, i guess, so it is possible to see all chanels available on cable.
    For those who go to Cebu now and than, MAKRO has now a 32" LCD - FUKUDA in promotion for 14,999 pesos.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.