Dumaguete Info Search

relocating to dumaguete looking for a place to rent

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by sophie25, Jun 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sophie25

sophie25 DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hi everyone!

i'm from cebu city and i'm new here in this forum. :smile:

i'm planning to relocate to dumaguete this july or august. i might work in Teletech as an agent and i'm looking for an affordable place to stay. a dormitory or an apartment for rent for a single person would be preferable.

i really hope you could help me get in touch with people who own dormitories or apartments for rent. i want to get some research done before i make my move. i'll have to check also if the salary as an agent can support my expenses there.

i love dumaguete city and have been there several times. i choose dumaguete to be my future second home since its not very far from cebu, the lifestyle is relaxed, and the people are friendly.

i'm really looking forward to your replies.

thank you very much :smile:

2. culumbinus

culumbinus DI Member

Ratings:
    +48 / 20
    welcome to the dumaguete sophie.

teletech is a bit south of downtown area. it might be nice if you find a place to stay closer as most likely your duty hours will be during the evenings. there is a robinson's mall currently undergoing construction just in front of the teletech building. so in the near future, dorms and apartments will be available close by to cater the new employees and staff thereat.

but for now, i guess ur better options will be to coordinate with existing teletech employees who are renting a place downtown or close by the office. the school year has begun already and that means the influx of students from other places who are filling dorms, apartments and boarding houses.

please dont let that discourage you. there will still be available for call center agents. check the ads as well.

make sure safety is top concern. i wont recommend areas where you have to walk in dark alleys during night duty. pls check that out when assessing a possible place to stay.

does you company provide transportation? here in dumaguete, we have more motorcycles than there are molecules of air in a party ballon. oh thats a figure of speech. i mean to say, dumaguetenos and dumaguetenas drive a motorcycle as a way of life here.

it seems like we have motorcycles even before it was invented. oops sori..another exageration there...cant help it. hehe

havent helped much there...just a few thoughts to consider.

hope u will love dumaguete. :cool:

dave

3. echir

echir DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    A new callcenter, ePLDT Ventus is also opening this September, and Convergys might be here next year...So there are more choices now where to work. There are still plenty of dormitories around, am sure you can find a lot of information from this site...

4. OP
    OP
    sophie25

sophie25 DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    thank you for your replies :smile: they are very much appreciated. i am currently waiting for a call from Teletech. a job offer will be my next step towards making this big move. i just love dumaguete and i am very much looking forward to starting a new life there. hehe :D

5. kjigs

kjigs DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    province rate

hi sophie!

am proud that you are considering Duma as your 2nd home...

regarding TT salary, dont expect too much considering that the rate they are offering is a provincial rate. That's around 8k to 9k....

=)

see you around

6. OP
    OP
    sophie25

sophie25 DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    thank you so much for the reply :smile: its greatly appreciated. i've always felt at home in Dumaguete. i've been there around 4 times already.

7. Rarity54f

Rarity54f DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    You can be sure that you will be able to find the right place when you come. There are many rooms for rent and even pads for that matter. It is important that you see them for yourself. Welcome to Dumaguete!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.