Dumaguete Info Search

Reminder Toastmasters Demonstration/Charter Meeting

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by balustre, Oct 6, 2011.

1. balustre

balustre DI Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    This is a reminder of the Toastmasters Demonstration/Charter Meeting on Saturday, October 8, 2011 at the Bethel Guest House from 1:00 P.M. to 3 P.M. Experienced outstanding Toastmasters from Bacolod and Davao will be on hand to demonstrate how a Toastmasters Meeting is conducted. They will also answer questions pertaining to the running of the club. This meeting is open to everyone who is interested to improve on their public speaking and leadership skills. This initial meeting is free. Membership fees will be explained at the meeting.

2. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    99% chance that I can make it. looking forward to the meeting :smile:

3. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    I will be honest, Toastmasters would be a lot of fun and I would like to experiences it, but I don't like the moral stuff that Bethel pushes on their customers. No drinking no smoking and only your wife can come in with you. This is the first time I posted this but it's because I am a family man and yes I enjoy beer and some smokes and only go out with my wife, but I still don't feel welcome there because of their rules.

Anyway I hope it works out good for all that attend.
    Ron

4. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,532 / 1,016
    Ron, I am glad you brought this up, I do not recommend my friends staying at Bethel for all the same reasons, and would not attend a seminar at their location.

5. john boy

john boy DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,151 / 230
    House rules are house rules, we either accept them or not!
    However after what you have stated Expatron, I find it hard to believe why they have chosen such a place :confused:
    After all, I thought a Toastmaster among'st other things was called upon to make a speech followed by a toast ! double :confused:
    presumable with alcohol in a glass?......JB

6. OP
    OP
    balustre

balustre DI Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    I take responsibility for choosing Bethel for the initial meeting because of its facilities. I am a "newbie" in Dumaguete and still am not fully aware of other possible venues with adequate facilities. Now if the club members will suggest another venue for subsequent meetings where wine and the like is okay, I am open to it. At the Toastmasters club I belong to in Seoul, Korea, the venue allows wine and we also have a second session where we go to a beer place to get to know each other better.

7. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    hmmm I smoke, I drink and would only go to Hotels in Dumaguete if I need a place without Rechel, so if I don't show up they probably don't let me in :wink:.

However, Bethel is probably the best prepared place for all kinds of functions, you tell them what you need and you'll get it, function rooms and technical equipment is prepared in time and if there is a failure they have spare equipment.

Wouldn't recommend Bethel to people as a Hotel, but I booked the Dane there as there was no other rooms in preferred places available and they let him and his girlfriend in, so they can't be so hard on the rules...

I like the idea with the second session though :D

8. Rarity54f

Rarity54f DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Toastmasters

Toastmasters, wow. Finally, it is good to hear that someone is initiating its revival. I would like very much to attend it too but I just hope fees wouldn't be so high.