Dumaguete Info Search

Passports Renew Philippine passport

Discussion in 'Passports and Visas' started by charlyB, May 23, 2018.

1. charlyB

charlyB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,101 / 333
    My wife needs to renew her Philippine passport soon but online it seems like all the appointment slots at DFA Robinsons between now and October are full (coming up red)
    I heard a rumour that the slots have all been pre-booked by fixers so they can sell them.
    Has anyone else experienced this ?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. cabb

cabb DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster ✤Forum Sponsor✤

Ratings:
    +1,106 / 241
    This is what the DFA claims about bogus appointments. I guess the broker could pay and hope that they can sell the appointment.

Public Advisory: Opening of Passport Online Appointment Slot

PUBLIC ADVISORY: OPENING OF PASSPORT ONLINE APPOINTMENT SLOTS

01 May 2018 - Beginning 2 May 2018, and everyday thereafter, the Department of Foreign Affairs will open passport online appointment slots for July to September 2018 for Consular Offices in the Philippines WITH THE EXCEPTION OF DFA Aseana in Paranaque City.

The pilot testing of ePayment in DFA Aseana is in the final stages. Once finalized — and we hope this to materialize very soon — ePayment will be fully implemented in all Consular Offices beginning with DFA Aseana.

The pilot tests have shown promising results. Show up rates have risen to 95 percent and above, minimizing the number of slots wasted through non-appearance. There are no bogus appointments as applicants now have to pay before an appointment is confirmed. The time applicants spend at DFA has been reduced considerably, with ePayment decreasing the usual processing time.

The DFA seeks the public’s understanding and cooperation as we continue to implement measures to improve our passporting services and increase our capacity to serve applicants.

The DFA reminds the public that OFWs, senior citizens, persons with disability, solo parents, minors 7 years old and below and those with emergency and urgent travels may apply for or renew their passports at any Consular Office INCLUDING DFA Aseana without an online appointment. END

Once you meet with the DFA any idea how long it takes to get the passport?

Last edited: May 23, 2018
  3. Justice911

Justice911 DI Member Restricted Account Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +72 / 9
    The Passport-Production takes only 10 to 14 days, but 3 months ago it was sooooooooo hard to get a slot, I spend 7 nights to get a slot and when there was a green color, I had to give all the data, fill out all the forms so quickly and then it was said: "You run out of time" or when I did not pass the short time, it was said: "Sorry, the slot is given away"....so I almost desperated and in the 7th night at 3 am, I finally got a slot for my wife. The same with Cebu and Davao and Manila and so on.....UUUFFFFFF !!!!!!! what bad system.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: May 24, 2018
  4. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    And this in a country which intends to issue a National Identity Card - which I assume will require regular updating!!!

As was said on the first moon landing: "A small step for a Passport but a giant leap for an Identity Card".

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. OzeMike

OzeMike DI Forum Adept

Retired
    Ratings:
    +621 / 46
    Blood Type:
    O+
    My partner ended up getting a slot in Bacalod DFA involving a long drive and two days stay but it was successful. It is a crazy system with people now travelling long distances because Cebu (don't know about Manila DFA slots) is booked up a year ahead or maybe it is better now. Thought Dumaguete DFA slots were easier to get as folk from Cebu are coming here for them maybe this is why they are getting taken way ahead.

6. Beige123

Beige123 DI New Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Blood Type:
    O+
  7. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    Wow. Must be a fantastic website. You have made 3 posts since joining and each one tells us you "found" that website. Cool. Is it making any money for ya?

8. kaayo

kaayo DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    Blood Type:
    A+
    August 22 update: I've been checking online for an appointment slot for my sister in law for many months now, and there are NEVER any slots available. And yes, my wife also noticed a Filipina on FB who is selling appointment slots. Sounds like DFA employees selling slots in advance to a 3rd party, so one can never get an appointment without paying for it - as well as the passport itself. My God, the corruption never stops.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    You get them online for free. DFA isn't selling them, fixers are talking advantage of a broken system.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. OP
    OP
    charlyB

charlyB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,101 / 333
    How do you know people at the DFA are not involved ?