Dumaguete Info Search

ACR iCard Renewal of ACR I-Card

Discussion in 'Passports and Visas' started by jwdaigle, Mar 3, 2012.

1. jwdaigle

jwdaigle DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I did a search on this, and most of what came up was at least a few years ago, so thought I would try my luck.

I am married to a Filipina, and a permanent resident of the Philippines (which makes me a 13a). My trusty I-card, which I have had for almost 5 years, is about to expire (in May 2012).

I havent interacted with BI for the entire time, and not looking forward to rekindling the relationship :-)

Has anyone renewed their I-Cards lately? The BI site says Cebu can do it. What was the fee? Painless? How long did it take to get your card back?

Is it really as simple as bringing the old card, filling out the application and paying the fee? Does the wife need to come with me?

Thanks for any info -

Joe

2. sntmig

sntmig DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +121 / 17
    I was there this week...
    Hope you have done you annual reporting to the BI and,hope you kept the reciepts !!!This you need, or a certified copy signed and stamped from the BI (dumaguete).
    I suggest to get an aplication from that office(Dgte) and fill it out and have the girl check it..
    -Cebu, get there early. opens around 7 am and it should take 2 hours..and 2636 pesos later you are done...It can take weeks,months for new card and you have to personally pick it up.( this means another trip to Cebu)..They keep your old I card,so no travel !!
    No need asawa there. Miguel

3. OP
    OP
    jwdaigle

jwdaigle DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks Miguel-

I wonder if more timely if done In Manila... I need to travel in early May

4. Manzanita

Manzanita DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    You can do it in Manila too, but I sure hope you've been doing your annual check in, BI in Dumaguete makes a certified copy of the check in sheet for you to take with you to Cebu.
    I'll be going soon to Cebu to do mine.

5. The Dane

The Dane DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    I just went and did mine in Manila and they told me I could pick up my card after 30 days...

Now it will be interesting to see if the card is actually ready after 30 days, I am probably going to give them a bit longer :smile:

6. RMNImmigration

RMNImmigration DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sir,
    If you didn't pay your annual report for 5 years your penalty would be P 11,550 (eleven thousand five hundred pesos Php currency) which included the penalty and annual report fee for 5 years. BI will encode those. I CARD is 2,6+, processing is 3 weeks to 1 month. all have BI receipts. Bring your Passport (in case) with Implemented visa CTC of Order of approval and original I CARD. No need to bring wife.

7. daanlungsod

daanlungsod DI Member

Retired
    Ratings:
    +83 / 11
    My I-Card reached the 5-year timeout a year ago and had to visit Cebu for the renewal. The new card took more than 6 months to arrive there. As it was time for the yearly report I went to Cebu last month to receive it. The yearly report is now computerized there, just submit the card and the cash, no need for last year's receipt.

The Cebu BI had hundreds of cards in trays waiting for pickup. Don't bother to ask if they can send the new card to the Duma office.

8. RMNImmigration

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    3 weeks to 1 month if the ICARD is done in manila. a client fr. CDO done his ICARD here in Manila and after 3 weeks the ICArd released

9. Manzanita

Manzanita DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    In Cebu right now, just finished the process in full. In by 7 out before 9:30. They asked for my old residency card, so if you still have yours bring it.
    They said come back in person 60 days.

10. RMNImmigration

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    ah yah. takes time. Because BI Cebu will forward it in BI-Manila. Then Bi- Manila will approve We call it Sub-port processing