Dumaguete Info Search

Rental Contract problems in the Philippines.

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by babel-fish, Sep 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. babel-fish

babel-fish DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I have noted that some Filipino’s and some Foreigners lease rent and the contracts are not equally agreeable to both owner and tenant. Its become legal accepted that even though the House rental act has not been updated by the government that the normal deposit can be 2 months with 1 month rental in advance.

I tend to only go for a rental agreement and only go for an agreement that has 1 month deposit all though it takes time to find the right place, acceptably quite area, fair enough security and nice garden etc. I never use the internet but drive around and find my new property to rent. When dealing with Filipino’s there is always that problem of the long nose tax, however one can strike deals or just move on and find your requirement. There tends to be more owners that just require 1 months deposit and 1 months rent than those that charge more with special clauses unfavorable to the tenant.

Some owner tries to get you to sign a rental lease that have clauses such as:

1. If you leave early you have to pay the total rent of the period of the lease agreement.
    2. If you leave early you lose your deposit.

One must take care in reading the whole document and when signing that you sign each page of the document. As its been known for a owner to swap the top page with one that has a clause such as the ones shown above. This is a regular con so take care, I myself fell into this trap once, but later proved the document un-legal.

For a contract to be totally legal the owner must have a valued up to date business permit from the mayor’s office, this number should be shown on the document. The document has witnessed and to be notarized by a notary.

Attached Files:

2. Teacher

Teacher DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Teacher
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Babel Babel what do I see

Sorry to change the subject Babel fish. But what am I looking at in you arms. Is that infant yours? If so have any more Photograph's my wife is interested in what your child looks like and so am I as a fact.

3. OP
    OP
    babel-fish

babel-fish DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Its my best friends baby and my god son, my partner ann is great with babies so when my mate gets to overloaded with all his three kids, he lets us look after little louis and we I am proud to say are the only ones allowed this great honor. In fact on tuesday my mate has got to go on business to Cebu for three days and is leaving louis with us for three days. Of course we spoil him rotten.

I can't have childred because of the snip and ann does not want to have one scared of child birth so later we will marry and adopt unfortunatly not baby louis. He is smart and will one day lead this great nation as its first white president, lol. There is not a lot of filipino in this little lad.

He is learning to speak and will only relate to english and like fish and chips. Unfortunatly this all spoils my local profile as I keep on saying I hate babies, lol. You know when people say when ann and me are going to have a baby cause I got nice blue eyes.

Attached Files:

4. Teacher

Teacher
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Beautiful Baby

Thanks Babel fish such good looking boy. My wife and I want a child but I can't have children. We want to adopt a half western and half filipino baby someday if we could find one. or Artificial insemination for safty you need to know the donor but then, I would know the father so hard for me to think about that. just feel very trapped on this issue.

Oh check this out

Yahoo! Babel Fish - Text Translation and Web Page Translation
    :cool:

5. OP
    OP
    babel-fish

babel-fish DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Any time teacher, adoption is the best way forward in my own in my own opinion. I don't care if the babies full blood Filipino or any nationality it just seems a good thing to do and I guess to make my partner happy.

6. Teacher

Teacher
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    very true

I agree, however this half half issue is my wife. AS for me any child would do for they will become what you teach them. As for me I was born in American however I have no agreement when it comes to how they run the country I said I would leave and I did. Divorced it now just a citizen of the world at large. lol

7. OP
    OP
    babel-fish

babel-fish DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Its just as bad as UK where I dont agree how they run the country, I also hate the political indocrination and false patrotism of our leaders knowing its the capitalistic entities that pull all the politicians strings.

8. pce704

pce704 DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello,

I'm looking for an American that would be willing to give me info about living in D'guete. Me and my wife, a Cebuana, are planning to relocate to D'guete, along with our 2 children, around June to Dec. 09. We are now in Texas.
    Any info would be greately appreciated.

Thanks,

Jim

9. Herbalizer

Herbalizer DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You're making a good move there pce704, we moved to Negros from East Texas in 2000 and we haven't had a minute of regret.

Especially watching the coverage of Ike's destruction.

10. pce704

pce704 DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Texas

Herbalizer,

Thanks for the input.
    What city/town in east Texas had you lived in? We reside a few minutes due north of Austin, (Round Rock area). Never even got so much as a drop of rain or gust of wind out of "Ike" in our area.. The storm passed just to the east of us. However, the folks on the barrier islands and in the Houston area sure took a beating.
    If you have been living in D'guete since 2000, you must have some valuable info to offer to newcombers. Hope you'll share some.

Thanks,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.