Dumaguete Info Search

Requirements for NBI Clearance

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by Dave_Hounddriver, Feb 10, 2016.

1. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    Has anyone's wife or girlfriend got their NBI clearance in Dumaguete lately? Trying to remember if she needs a Cedula and/or Barangay clearance and I don't feel like driving her around to get them if they are not needed. (I know I could search it but even if the Internet says she does not need them the NBI may still ask for them as the bureaucracy in this country is f*cked up).

2. Best Answer:
    Post #3 by DavyL200, Feb 10, 2016 (5 points)
  3. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    You have to apply for nbi online now,they will not accept walk ins,after you apply you chose a date online and they will send you an email with payment instructions. The wife just done it a few weeks back and she paid at lbc.

• Informative Informative x 3
  4. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Best Answer
    Requirements are.
    Police clearance.
    Barangay clearance.
    2 valid id's
    Nso birth cert with reciept.
    Nso marriage cert
    The wife just took this with her.the wife did just say they never asked for police clearance or barangay clearance even after mentioned on website.
    NBI CLEARANCE

• Informative Informative x 2
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2016
  5. OP
    OP
    Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    Thanks for that. I was a bit surprised to hear that as she got her last NBI just over a year ago so I got ambitious and looked at their site http://www.nbi.gov.ph/ where they say online is "encouraged" and walk-ups are "discouraged". From your info I take this to mean that the Dumaguete NBI is just saying NO to walk-ups. I will do the online thing with her.

6. DavyL200

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    I had a stressful drive over to nbi in rush hour traffic only to be told sorry sir,then on to nso for birth cert and must have been 100+ people there,by this time my patients were pretty thin!