Dumaguete Info Search

Government & Education Retirement program

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by Chiefeng55, Mar 5, 2017.

1. Chiefeng55

Chiefeng55 DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 1
    Does anyone here or know someone who belongs or involved with the Special Resident Retiree's Visa (SRRV)? If so how do you like it? I'm thinking of doing it. I'm married to a Filipina and I would have to put 10k American in a bank account to hold I guess, security, end if life expenses.
    Thank you

2. AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Marines

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
  3. hawk263

hawk263 DI Forum Adept Blood Donor Veteran Army

Retired
    Ratings:
    +488 / 81
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I have had an SRRV since 2010 and I'm happy with the program. It will cost you $360 a year to renew your SRRV ID card but that can be done thru the nearest LandBank branch so you don't need to travel to Cebu or Manila.
    The $10000 deposit that you mention can be withdrawn if you subsequently take out a 25 yr lease on a property - the lease and the PRA interest must be annotated on the TCT of the property and if you later sell or cancel the lease you would have to re deposit your $10000.
    The amount of the deposit does depend on your personal circumstances - eg a declared pension, or a US Veteran.

4. Show Pony

Show Pony DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +2,377 / 1,261
    You might consider a 13a immigrant visa (marriage visa). I think you may be able to get one of these from a Philippine Consulate in the US.

The requirements are listed on this link Embassy of the Philippines - Consular & Other Services

The annual cost to maintain the 13a visa is about 310 pesos and can be done in Dumaguete. There will be occasional costs like a new ACR-I card every 5 years or so.

It may be worth your time to call you nearest embassy/consulate, maybe they can help.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Dr. Shiva

Dr. Shiva DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +480 / 165
    Blood Type:
    O-
    When you are married to a filipina better go the 13a visa way. Less hassle and you need only to proof a steady income.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    Chiefeng55

Ratings:
    +1 / 1
  7. OP
    OP
    Chiefeng55

Ratings:
    +1 / 1
    Thank you

8. Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    As suggested I think the 13a is a better option also, I have just completed my 13a (still awaiting my ACR Card) and think this is by far the better way to go. :wink:

If you have not read my updates in the 13a Visa section, the Travel Agency next door to the BOI here in Dumaguete can help you every step of the way (apart from the NBI Clearance) $aving you maybe 2 to 3 trip$ to Cebu to complete the proce$$. Takes a LOT of the worry and confusion out of your application, which as I discovered; can easily change overnight making any lodged Forms obsolete meaning you would need to repeat the process if you were unaware, luckily for me the Agents are made aware of such happenings so quickly rectified things. :thumbsup:

9. NYC

NYC DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Retired Airline pilot
    Ratings:
    +576 / 154
    Blood Type:
    A-
    If you are an honorably discharged military vet (not necessarily retired from the military) the SRRV deposit is only US$1500. The application fee (non-refundable) is US$1400. I've only had mine since September, but it was relatively painless considering some horror stories around about dealing with the Philippine government. Actually, so far all my dealings with the government here have been much better than I had expected, and for which I had braced myself in advance.

But if I had the option, I would have gone with the 13a marriage visa. You say your wife is Filipina, but does she still have her Philippine citizenship? If not, she should consider doing that. It would probably make things a whole lot easier here, especially for her. And I think it is easier to get that done at a Philippine Consulate in the US rather than here, but I am not positive about that.

10. OP
    OP
    Chiefeng55

Ratings:
    +1 / 1
    Th