Dumaguete Info Search

Retiring to the Philippines

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by jimmylew, May 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimmylew

jimmylew DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello-My name is Jimmy and I am an English teacher in S.Korea since 2003.I will be retiring to the Philippines Feb,2011.I will have a modest income to live on.I am single and a good man.I will want to meet new friends.Is the Dumaguete area a nice place to live?Is it near the beach?How is the weather,safety and cost of living there?Can anyone recommend other possible places to retire?I want to meet a young Pinay too.I am 62 but look much younger so I want to live my days out with a young beautiful woman.No scammers please.I have been scammed before and will know if you are one.Contact me if you like jlewellen2003@yahoo.com and have a nice day!:smile:

2. jellyfish

jellyfish DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    Jimmy, welcome on this DI Forum.
    What you are asking about safety, what Dumaguete has to offer, entertainment, restaurants etc. is handled on this forum in a number of topics.
    If you will use the search function (maybe it requires some experiencing with it ! :wink:) you can find good advices and facts and figures (also some NON-facts however :smile:).
    The weather is great. Some other retirement countries in SE-Asia are Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia.
    People have already mentioned this on this forum and e.g. compared Thailand with the Philippines.
    Please read these posts because there is a lot said about that.
    The fact that we (the retirees on this forum) are here in Dumaguete has answered your question if Dumaguete is a nice place to live.
    Dumaguete is directly at the sea but for beaches you need to go somewhat south (where most of the resorts are) or north.
    I hope you don't go for a very young woman :wink:
    But maybe my estimation is wrong and do you mean to say "much younger than me".
    That's ok because I did the same :D

3. ronv8917

ronv8917 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Welcome to our home Jimmy.
    I just sent you a private message.
    I am one of the few here that does not live in Dumaguete, and one of the recent "foreigners" to move here.
    But, I hang out at this site because the people here are very helpful and friendly.
    I think you will enjoy your stay here.
    Ron

4. ronv8917

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Hey Jellyfish....where are you drawing that "younger - too young" line?
    Don't make me tell my wife on you......
    Lololololol

5. jellyfish

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    Well......hmmmmm ?????.......let's say......eehhhhh.....well .....you know.... it could be that......ehhhhhh........
    When she occasionally forgets to say to you 'honey' but instead says 'OK grandpa or OK dady' .......then you surely have surpassed that line :D
    imho :smile:

6. derivative_guru

derivative_guru DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 1
    I'm only 29 and sometimes still I get that 'Daddy' line! :wink:

7. jellyfish

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    Do some excercise and get better looking DG :smile:
    Are you honnestly just 29 ? You must be kidding :D

8. gmcvandura

gmcvandura DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Maybe, you got some 17. thats why..

9. ronv8917

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    I am 18 years older than my wife's Dad, and 20 years older than her Mom. Before I came here, I asked Rudy what to call them when speaking to them. She told me to call them "Mom and Dad", because they would be insulted if I did not. So, I do. And they introduce me as "Ron, our son-in-law". Very respectful and it all works great.
    Age really IS only a number.

10. mrbee

mrbee DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Last time I was in Duma. for a few weeks vacation,a teenager asked me how old I was.I said..have a guess. he said 50. So i told him I was 69...he said,you should be dead!
    Now I'm approaching 75...wonder what he'll say now?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.