Dumaguete Info Search

Revised License To Own and Possess Firearms (LTOPF) Requirements

Discussion in 'Hobbies and special interests' started by Frodo, Jul 17, 2016.

1. Frodo

Frodo DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +137 / 0
    The purpose of this posting is to help communicate the latest changes in the requirements for Filipino citizens to own and possess firearms. Please reference the attached screen shot of an article published around July 13, 2016.

I prefer to avoid debating the pros & cons of owning firearms in this post -- I simply want to share information.

I reviewed the old list of requirements. It appears the following requirements have been removed/deleted:

1. Employment requirement. That should help college students, retirees, and homemakers to qualify.

2. Minimum income requirement.

3. Medical Exam requirement.

4. Proof of Billing requirement. Applicants used to have to show something like a utility bill in their name with their address on it.

5. Gun Safety Seminar requirement. It used to require a multi-hour course at a gun range with a written exam costing over P1,000.

So, it now appears that the (often unemployed) girlfriends & spouses of foreigners can apply for a License To Own and Possess Firearms (LTOPF).

I strongly advocate people who own firearms practice regularly. The owner of the Sibulan Pistol Range also owns Bethel Guest House in Dumaguete. There is a small office in the parking area under Bethel where firearms owner can apply to join the Sibulan Pistol Range Club. I believe the cost is P5,000 for the initial year (annual renewal is P2,000). This office will also issue members a Permit To Transport (PTT) the firearm from home to (and back from) the Sibulan Pistol Range. The monthly cost of a PTT is P150 for each firearm.

The Sibulan Pistol Range has a range safety observer/instructor on duty. This person will provide instruction and gun safety training upon request.

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 2
  2. OP
    OP
    Frodo

Frodo DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +137 / 0
    The attached article indicates LTOPF applications can currently be filed in Cebu -- with the LTOPF being issued no later than the following business day. It also says an online application process is being developed.

image.png

image.jpeg

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. horizon155

horizon155 DI Forum Adept Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor

Information Tech
    Ratings:
    +121 / 44
    Blood Type:
    A+

Any suggestions on the best place to buy a decent pistol or where the LTOPF can be applied for? In Dumaguete?

4. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Try bullseye'he is very helpful guy.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. horizon155

Information Tech
    Ratings:
    +121 / 44
    Blood Type:
    A+
    You wouldnt happen to have his name/phone number would you? I'm up in Bais City so its a bit of a trip for a couple of inquiries :smile: I searched google but couldnt find anything.

thanks

Last edited: Aug 6, 2016
  6. KINGCOLE

KINGCOLE DI Senior Member Highly Rated Poster

RETIRED
    Ratings:
    +984 / 443
    Blood Type:
    A+
    • Informative Informative x 2
  7. cabb

cabb DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster ✤Forum Sponsor✤

Ratings:
    +1,106 / 241
    Is it possible to bring your own firearm from US if you have a license? Has anyone done it?

8. horizon155

Information Tech
    Ratings:
    +121 / 44
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Im pretty sure that is a no unless you are actively doing some type of law enforcement here with a company/government or the military. I have not only a license, but much more, CCW (conceal and carry licenses etc from USA), US govt security clearances , multiple govt IDS, etc they still insisted any type of firearm be purchased and registered under a philippinos name but they dont have a problem with me carrying it. But i think it also depends on the officer and your visa level. Id have a hard time believing they would allow that for someone on a tourist visa but im married with a perm resident 13a visa and help out workwise with foreigner tourist problems on the blvd from time to time. So i think its one of those case by case basis type things..

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2016
  9. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    If you have a filipino passport this might be able to be achieved. Without one you can absolutely forget about it unless you are here on a diplomatic passport. Even with a filipino passport i would suggest just buying one here as all the documents/taxes/permits will be such a PIA that it wouldn't be worth it.

Simply put, Firearms and foreigners just don't mix in the Philippines.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. KINGCOLE

KINGCOLE DI Senior Member Highly Rated Poster

RETIRED
    Ratings:
    +984 / 443
    Blood Type:
    A+
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1