Dumaguete Info Search

Home & Garden rice hulls south of duma

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by kelpguy, Apr 28, 2017.

1. kelpguy

kelpguy DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +673 / 92
    there's several rice mills on the south highway that i know of;
    one in malatapay, two in zambo and at least one near siaton, which is just north of town on the seaside of the road.

i went for hulls last week.
    there's 2 rice mills across the road from each other about 1 mile south of zambo.
    the mill on the mtn side of the hiway was out of stock and the mill on the seaside of the hiway was p5 a sack (load yourself) but... the hulls were blown into a 8x8ft zinc covered structure (oven) located in full sun and i couldn't see my hand in front of my face cuz of the dust, so i went to malatapay which had a nice clean air, cool, hull deposit and the mill wasn't running so i loaded 10 sacks (with my hands) as fast as i could and got the hell out of there. p25, load yourself and bring your own sacks.

we keep rice hulls under the chicken roosts to catch the nightly poop which we pick up daily and give to our 2 partition black solder fly bin. the grubs devour the poop in a few hours and push the hulls aside. when one side of the bin is full, we start feeding on the other side and the grubs migrate to the new feed. we let the1st side age about a month and put the results on the garden. the grubs also process our kitchen wastes for us in the same bin. it's working out so well that we're considering phasing out our worm bins.

it's more fun in da fils...

• Informative Informative x 2
  2. Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    My wife went to the mountains yesterday and coming back filmed her ride on the habal-habal, near to the Rice mill on the western road (left side heading back towards Zamboanguita) was a very LARGE mound of Rice Husk, maybe they have in stock now?

• Informative Informative x 3